Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I Do Something Stupid and Get Hurt

A month passed since Vegas, and everyone was buzzing about this upcoming event. Zelus woke me up around noon the day that had everyone so excited. I was still tired since I was training all day yesterday, but I was still able to function.

I got dressed in my usual jean shorts and blue ΔΟ (stood for Demigod Olympus) t-shirt, along with my black and white converse. How I've missed my converse. I braided my hair over my shoulder and walked out to breakfast. There, I saw my nemesis, Alyss Victor, daughter of Nike, the goddess of speed and victory.

Alyss and I aren't enemies, we just aren't exactly on very friendly terms. We both win everything, and when we're put against each other, things get really competitive, especially since Alyss really wants to go on a quest. Since I went on my quest, Alyss is furious at me because she wanted to go. Not my fault I was the one Zeus was targeting instead of her.

Alyss calls me a servant for the gods, since I do all their bidding, and I respond with reminding her that I saved the Oracle as well as Zeus' only child, as well as the fate of Olympus. That's more than she'd ever done.

I looked at Alyss, ready for a fight if that's what she wanted, but she ignored me. Her dark brown hair was up in a ponytail; she was wearing jeans and a purple t-shirt with a black vest over it; and black boots. She avoided looking in my direction, so I knew she wouldn't be a problem today.

I ate breakfast alone at the Poseidon table, and I saw Piper running towards me.

"Ari, guess what today is!" Piper squealed in excitement.

"It's the Fourth of July," I said. "What's so special about it, besides all the fireworks and anniversary of America's freedom?"

Piper looked at me as if I was crazy. "It's only the most romantic day of the year. Duh."

"I thought that was Valentine's Day?"

"Here, it's the Fourth of July. Every year we sit on the beach or in the field and watch the fireworks go off with our dates. It's very romantic and awesome."

"Why are you sounding so dreamy about this? You have a boyfriend, and you've done this before with a boyfriend."

"Yes, but this is my first year spending it with a boyfriend who I really like. And I'm so excited about this because Jake may ask you out tonight!"

I choked on the water I was drinking. I coughed and shook my head. "No way. That's never going to happen, Pipes. Sorry to break it to you."

Piper frowned. "Why won't it happen?"

"Three reasons. One is Lexi, the second is that we haven't talked about our feelings, and three is Lexi." I shrugged. "He's never going to go for me while Lexi is around, it's as simple as that. I'll find someone to hang out with. Maybe Deuce and Bella are free, I'll hang out with them."

Piper shook her head. "No, you're going with Jake to the fireworks. No argument or question."

I laughed. "Good luck getting me to go. I'll only go with him if he asks me to."

"That can be arranged."

I laughed again. "Have fun fighting off Lexi. She's probably going to get him to ask her sometime today."

Piper narrowed her eyes. "Not if I get to him first."

I stood up. "And this is where I leave you. I'll be either swimming or flying if you need me, good luck figuring out which."

"Not so fast," Zelus said, coming up to me and stopping me from leaving. "I need your help with decorating for tonight."

"Why me?" I asked. "Why not an Aphrodite kid? They love decorating things, you should ask one of them."