Chapter 10 - Bad News

Start from the beginning

Phew, so we did get some Class Points. We actually as a class had the largest increase in Class Points from this midterm.

But; why did we not receive any Private Points?

That question still hung in the air in the classroom.

"As you can see," Chabashira began explaining, "you'd receive Class Points from this past midterms. But, due to an unforeseen situation, the school has postponed the distribution of Private Points to first-years. Once this issue is resolved, you will receive the specified points."

So we were getting Private Points, but what situation called for them to be delayed. If anything, it would have to be something serious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You seem to be in mental turmoil."

It was lunchtime now, and a few classmates had gotten up to go to the cafeteria.

I brought my own lunch with me today, so I decided to stay in the classroom where it was quieter.

But; for some reason, Horikita had called out Ayanokouji, who was watching classmates leave for lunch.

"You're pathetic, wishing for a savior to invite you to be their friend and not be so lonely," Horikita continued her verbal abuse of Ayanokouji.

"But, doesn't that make you the same as me then? Considering you don't have any friends."

"I don't need them."

This back-and-forth was kinda amusing to watch, but I wasn't going to let Horikita win this one.

"I would consider Ayanokouji my friend," I jumped into the conversation.

Horikita and Ayanokouji turned to face me now.

"You have terrible taste in friends."

"No. I think he's a great guy and easy to talk to. Unlike someone I know," I turned my gaze toward Horikita.

But; she gave no sign of recognition toward me, she turned back to her meal and focused on her novel.

"Don't freight, Ayanokouji," I turned back to face my desk neighbor, "now you and I can go to the cafeteria whenever you like."

"Thank you for your kindness," Ayanokouji replied with his usually stoic face.

Ayanokouji and I had started to become closer over the past few days. We didn't make plans to hang out as some friends would, but I didn't feel awkward around him, and I'd think he could say the same about me. As for Horikita, my pride wouldn't let me say she's a friend. That would be the end of the world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka POV)

The day was finally over.

Lessons had continued as planned, but there was no word about the Private Point situation for first-years.

This only meant whatever the situation may be, it was one the school was taking very seriously.

"Sudo, follow me to the faculty room."

Chabashira-sensei called out to Sudo after lessons had finished, maybe he was going to hide in the kitchen too.

"What?! Why? I have club activities soon, and I can't miss it."

"Sudo, if you do not come, I'll have you suspended from club activities for a month," Chabashira replied coldly.

Without another word, Sudo angrily got up from his desk and walked to the faculty room, not wanting to risk any time away from his club activity.