home for christmas - part one

En başından başla

"Hazel." Mia smiled while shaking her head, "I'm going to miss you too."

The pair hugged shortly as Mia prepared her sandwich – making a few extra for Harry as she assumed he wouldn't have thought of something like that. She brought an extra bottle of water, filling it lukewarm because for some reason, he liked that. Mia couldn't understand, but she tried not to judge. She made the sandwiches with some salmon, herb cheese and a little lettuce for Harry, and cheese with strawberry jam for herself.

"So what're your plans again for this week?" Mia checked as she put the lunchboxes away in her backpack. Hazel pushed herself up on the counter, legs dangling over the edge. It was a familiar position for the both of them, having sat like that a billion times before in this kitchen. Either eating ice cream at night, sharing coffee during exams or having heart to hearts at early Sunday mornings.

Mia felt filled with warmth when she looked at her friend. She knew she had made the confession to Harry a few days ago that he was her best friend, and he was, but Hazel was a different type of best friend. Somehow, Mia felt, they were soulmates. An unconventional match, which Mia had been nervous for at first. She didn't assume that her and Hazel would grow so close in the timespan of a few months, but they depended on one another a lot and Mia could tell she already dreaded the day they'd move out and go their separate ways after college.

Hazel took a sip of her coffee, "So, I'm staying here and then just going home for Christmas eve. My parents live like an hour away so I won't be going for too long. So I can watch our little home, don't worry." She teased. Mia smiled while Hazel continued, "Also, I'll definitely be going out a few times. I need to get laid."

"Hazel!" Mia choked as her cheeks flamed at her friend's blunt words, who laughed at Mia's reaction. Hazel took her lip between her teeth curiously, "I know you're all shy about it but... tell me about Harry."

Mia strapped up her backpack with pink cheeks, "What about him?" She muttered. Hazel smirked wider, "You know what... come on. Give me some juicy details. Is he big?"

"Oh my god." Mia groaned, shaking her head, "I'm not talking about this."

"Come on!" Hazel laughed, "I give you all the details on the people I sleep with."

"Unasked." Mia added while shooting Hazel a small glare, "I truly didn't need such a detailed description of that last girl's breasts, Hazel."

Hazel shrugged, "She had perfect tits and I'm obsessed with them, what can I say?"

"Look, Harry's just..." Mia shrugged, memories of them together filling her brain and making her sweat ever so slightly, "he's gentle."

Hazel smirked, "Interesting... tell me more."

Mia straightened up and avoided Hazel's look, instead turning around to pour herself a little coffee as a distraction. Of course – she was ready thirty minutes early and now she had to sit and wait for Harry who was perfectly punctual and who would show up at eleven on the dot as they agreed on.

"He's good." Mia murmured with another shrug, her back to Hazel, "Like... considerate. Skilled. Talkative."

"Talkative?!" Hazel repeated with a gasp and Mia cursed herself under her breath, burning her mouth with the coffee as she refused to turn around and face Hazel. Hazel giggled loudly, "Does he talk dirty?! Oh my god, Mia, please, spill everything!"

"I won't." Mia shook her head, "Really. It's just – it's nice. It feels good. I'm comfortable and I feel safe. It's... it's really good." She sighed.

"Has he gotten you off?"

Mia wished the ground could swallow her whole as she exhaled a breath, "Yes."

She didn't need to turn around to know that Hazel had a shit-eating grin on her face, "And have you gotten him off?"