''Why wasn't I told that Daemera gave birth?'' Aegon asks, full of nerves. He sat at a desk cluttered with papers, and Helaena sat in a high chair by the fireplace, facing him. Alicent sat to his right, watching him quietly.

''Why!?'' He shouted, pounding his fist on the table. Both Helaena and Alicent flinch.

''They probably needed some private time with the baby.'' Queen Mother reasons, looking at the sheets on his desk. Helaena stares blankly.

''I'm not the least bit interested in their personal time, I'm the King and I need to know everything that moves here.'' Aegon says in an impassioned tone. ''Where are they now?''

''Daemera in her chamber, resting, Aemond is in training, and the Maesters have taken the baby to examine it.'' Helaena replies. Quiet as she was, she knew more about the castle than Aegon ever could.

He seemed to calm a little, breathing in and out deeply. Then he nodded, opening his eyes. ''I want Ser Criston and Ser Erryk to come at once. I want to talk to them.''

-

I wake up from sleep around noon, when the sun's rays insist on making their presence felt in the room, warming it up. I was wrapped in clean sheets, and I lay clean and washed of all the blood and sweat from earlier. My head hurt somewhat, but I found the strength to stand up straight.

I look over to Aerena's cot, but nothing can be heard. Maybe she's asleep. I get out of bed, walking towards the cot. I push the beds aside, but I widen my eyes.

She wasn't there.

I feel my blood pressure rise instantly, looking around the room, panicked. The masters should have brought her before I woke up, but there was no sign of her.

My gaze slowed, but as best I could I put on a robe and strode out of the room. At the door, the two knights were lying on the floor. I winced, looking at them both. I lean towards one of them, bringing my trembling hand to his neck. He wasn't dead.

I get up, running to the nearest exit of the castle. I stop at a balcony, looking out. In the yard was Vhagar, and down from her neck came Aemond.

"Aemond! I shout, feeling tears trickling down my arms. He knows where to look, staring at me. His healthy eye widens.

''A-Aerena..'' I try to say, and he understands, running away. I wait a few minutes, and he appears in the corridor, rushing towards me.

''What happened? What happened to Aerena?'' He pants, taking my hands in his.

''She's gone!'' I say, on the verge of a panic attack. ''Please, I can't find her, help me!...'' I mutter, breathing shakily and quickly.

He freezes for a moment, looking at me, then speaks calmly. ''Please, calm down. I'll find her.'' He says, running off in the direction he came from.

-

The two knights walked with quick steps, wedging the child between the beds and thick rags. She was still asleep.

''Come on, let's hurry, we've got a little more.'' said Ser Criston, leading them through the winding little streets of King's Landing.

''I'm trying not to make her cry.'' Ser Erryk comments, trying to pick up the pace.

''Just a bit longer, it should be just around the corner. Did you talk to Denise?'' Says the first.

''Yes, but it doesn't guarantee she can stay here for long. She's afraid she'll get into trouble." Says the latter.

''She won't get into trouble, the King has arranged it. Here we are.

The street was full of beggars and young girls, walking barefoot, waiting for some merchant or other passer-by. They looked at the two knights in gold cloaks with eyes not at all surprised.

Ser Criston knocked once, twice, three times. Soon he lost his patience and slammed the handle on the wooden door. The little girl began to cry.

''Shit, now what do we do?'' He says, looking at her completely helpless.

''We'd better get a woman, you're no good. Try to swing her.''

He tries to swing her, but starts pretty fast, and that only triggers the little girl's even more intense crying. Ser Criston continued to knock, and finally Denise, the brothel owner, appeared in the doorway.

''Not a very pleasant environment for a child. And we're whores, not mothers,'' She said, looking at them both.

''For a short time, and you'll get paid for it-''

''She won't be staying anywhere at all. Put the baby down.'' Growls Aemond, twirling his sword between his fingers. He took his fighting stance, dropping slightly to his knees.

Ser Erryk gives to put it down, but Ser Criston stops him with a wave of his hand. Aemond seems to burn with rage.

''Ser Erryk, put my daughter down. Now." He says, stepping closer.

''Prince, please stand aside. By the King's orders.'' Criston says, determined. Aemond glares at him, his blue eye gleaming. Now Aerena began to cry even louder, and this was the limit for the young father.

''I don't give a damn about Aegon's bullshit order, and rest assured he'll pay for it too. Anyone who touches my children or their mother will suffer the consequences.'' He whispered. ''And if Ser Erryk doesn't put her down now, he'll be the first to suffer.''

Then Ser Criston lost his patience. He attacks Aemond, coming forward with his sword. Aemond seemed to sense and dodge, trying to attack the other. The fight was an even one, with the advantage of age and speed on Aemond's side, though.

Aemond throws the older knight's sword aside, putting Ser Criston up against the wall. He lowers his blade, slowly slicing it across the width of his hand through the protective material.

Ser Criston whined, but Aemond gave no sign that he cared in any way. ''The pain you feel is nothing like that of a suffering parent. So you'd better do as I say and end it all here.''

He whimpered again, then waved his hand for Ser Erryk to come closer. He handed the child to Aemond.

Ser Criston moved away from the wall, picking up his sword from the ground. Both he and Ser Erryk had retreated a little. The crying died down until it was no longer audible. He opened his eyes.

Aemond froze. The child's eyes were brown. But before he woke up, he received a punch from Ser Criston as Ser Erryk took the child. When Aemond awoke a few minutes later, there was no sign of the two knights.