X

''D-Daeron-'' I say, completely taken by surprise. After all, had he also allied himself with Aegon and the rest of the family? I wasn't expecting that, much less a possible fight between me and perhaps my favorite brother. Daeron looks at me with an icy stare, and what he says next truly shocks me.

''I'm to blame.''

''What do you mean-''

''I took Aerena from you! I'm to blame, Daemera. I acted on Aegon's orders, who couldn't stand that you and Aemond had four children, two sons, and Jaehaerys and Jaehaera died in infancy! I realized that you and Aemond did not pity him enough for what he lost and chose to live in peace with your children. God, if you would not have suffered for him, at least for Helaena, who still suffers body and soul.''

I look at my younger brother, my cheeks and nose cold and red, but eyes full of hatred and shock. ''Daeron, before I left, even before I gave birth, you were on our side unconditionally. And you know I suffered with Helaena and did my best to be with her-''

''It wasn't enough.'' He interrupts me in a sharp voice.

''How much...'' I begin, squeezing the edge of Viselor's saddle. ''How much did Aegon manipulate you...Or was it Mother who manipulated you?''

''Nobody manipulated me. But I realized what kind of siblings I have lived with so far.''

I looked at him in disbelief. Did he really have the nerve to say such nonsense? While our mother was going out of her way to make Aegon king instead of Rhaenyra, to betroth him to Helaena, I was the one who taught him to count, to read, the one he called 'mother'. And now, watching him turn to face me makes me sad, but also angry.

But the tact with which he let Aegon take over his mind so that he could kidnap my daughter was unforgivable. I loved my children more than anything, and I promised that the person or people responsible would suffer fully.

''You are my brother, I love you, and I can forgive you for your act. You can make it up to me by returning back to King's Landing and avoid any senseless fighting.'' I say, trying to keep my composure. But he decides to break that shred of trial.

''I don't need your forgiveness.'' He says dangerously.

Shock is replaced by disgust in my eyes. Viselor begins to growl, stretching his neck towards the blue female dragon. Tessarion growls too, then screams, ready to attack. ''Pryjagon zirȳ.'' (Destroy them). 

Without any hesitation, Viselor lets out a monstrous scream, making herself invisible among the clouds above. Tessarion and Morghul follow in his wake.

''You won't be able to hide forever, dear sister! You better stop, fight, and show what you can do!'' Daeron shouts, with a dark laugh. Viselor continues to fly through the now thick clouds, higher and higher above the castle. My idea was to get them as far away from Dragonstone as possible, and perhaps to another flank, where it could become a two-on-two fight.

I look down. Both dragons that had been following us so far were disappearing. I breathe a sigh of relief, looking back up. My breath catches, gasping, as I glance up at an open snout, showing a pair of teeth, of a dragon. Tessarion. Viselor screams horribly, losing altitude particularly quickly. He had been bitten at the base of the neck by the female dragon, ironically smaller than him. But given his experience, Tessarion had a somewhat greater advantage than her opponent.

My eyes widen in sheer fright. I hadn't expected this. From above, through the clouds, I hear my brother's voice. ''You refuse to listen to me, Daemera! Come down to earth, where a fair fight will be fought, or battle in the air and die alongside your dragon!''

I was stroking Viselor's white scales. His eyes were filled with pain, but he continued to flap his wings and keep us both alive. A piece of his neck was missing, and the rest was bleeding. He kept screaming, but his voice intensity was slowly dying out. I wasn't going to let it beat me, I knew what I was fighting for.

''Shh, gīda ilagon se rȳbagon naejot issa, Viselor. Gaomagon hae nyke vestragon se īlon jāhor jiōragon hen alive.'' (Calm down and listen to me, Viselor. Do as I say and we'll both come out alive).

The dragon seems to calm down, waiting for my command. ''īlon umbagon ēva se opponent appears, pār īlon aim syt its tīkuni. Ziry iksos se sȳrje ñuhoso naejot nābēmagon.'' (We wait until our opponent appears, then aim for his wings. It is the best way to attack).

Miraculously, Viselor seems to understand what he is being told. He flies slowly, observably through the white clouds, until Tessarion and Daeron cut us off. ''This is where it ends, dear sister. I gave you options, but you seem to have pushed them aside and chosen the hardest. I wish you a smooth ride down.'' He says, with a hint of bitterness.

I slowly tighten the harness I was holding on for dear life, and then it's Viselor's signal. He descends suddenly, climbing underneath Tessarion, mouth wide open, aiming for the female's wings. Fortunately, Tessarion wakes up too late, when Viselor has already taken her wings in his teeth, biting her hard. Daeron's eyes widen as Tessarion roars loudly, as her entire wing is ripped from her body. He begins to float down towards the sea below, which was still invisible. I look around for Morghul and his mistress, who seem to have vanished without a trace. I manage to exhale somewhat relieved as Viselor chews the flesh off the wing he has just torn off, tossing it into the air. It was his revenge. And I, half-eyed, watched my favorite little brother float off to certain death.

I apologize if there are typos in the chapter, I don't pay much attention when editing anymore, and I don't think the translation from English to Valyrian is that accurate anymore either, but I'm trying my best to write as often and post to finish this story.

Enjoy your reading!