Chapter One "I Wanted To Find My Family"

Start from the beginning

Her hand shook hesitantly before it grasped her folder and took it out, instantaneously she opened her folder and her eyes scanned greedily for any information regarding her parents.

'Emilia Grace Buckley'

Date Of Birth: 23rd May 2002

Medical Conditions: Allergy to Peanuts and Sesame Seeds Severe Biphasic Reactions. Cardiomyopathy.

Neurological Conditions: ADHD and ASD.

Learning Disabilities: Dyslexia and Dyscalculia.

Doctor: Dr Mikaela Tyrone

Mental Health Conditions: PTSD, Depression and Anxiety.

Therapist: Dr Rose Turner

Residence: Austin, Texas Elm Tree House, 86 Rose Boulevard

Birth Mother: Madeline Rose Buckley

Mother's Residence: Los Angeles, California, Apartment 3D, 15 Clinton Drive

Mother's Occupation: 911 Dispatcher

Birth Father: Doug Kendall

N/A

Emilia's hands shook as she read the information and processed it, she took her phone out of her back pocket and opened up a note page. She typed in her mothers information, saved it as Family and closed the page down, then shoving her phone back into her pocket. As she placed the folder back, she found her passport and put it into her hoodie pocket, which was luckily big enough for it to fit. 

Emily was interrupted when she was closing the draw by a sharp intake of air, she shut her eyes and turned around slowly. She was met by the sight of Michelle in her pajamas, messy hair and an unimpressed look that if they could kill it would have. "Emilia Grace Buckley. Is there a reason you're in my office at six in the morning on a saturday?" Michelle had asked in a quiet and calm tone.

That was one thing that everyone loved about Michelle, she never raised her voice at you, but you could tell when she was disappointed and this was one of those times. "I was looking for my, um, my notebook that Joleen confiscated. I know she normally gives it to you to lock away. Micah, I really need it." Emily tried to avoid getting caught out and they both knew it, but she wasn't necessarily lying, it had been taken and she did need it.

"Kid, using my nickname and acting all cute won't let you off the hook. I know you need your notebook, which is why I spoke to Loretta last night and she is to stop taking it off you. I found her reading it and she has been reprimanded for invading your personal space, but she did come across some concerning things. So quit the puppy dog eyes and tell me what you were really rooting for. I'll give you your notebook after." Michelle often tried to keep the peace.

This was a quality that Emily often admired about Michelle, she knew some parts of her past that nobody else did and she was always there to talk to. She didn't know about how her last foster family treated her, she blamed all her injuries on bullies at school. "I told you the truth." Emily lied, she wasn't going to admit it easily, they would just keep her under their watch forever and she would never be alone again, let alone to LA.