(A)...Death Is One Tough Cookie

His short black hair was swept up in the wind giving it a nice spiky look. He combed it down with his finger as I stared up at him. He leaned down to sit next to me, he threw his head back and leaned it on the tree by my head. I peeled back another orange in my hand and then popped one in my mouth. The sweet, bitterness of it covered my taste buds and my eyes slowly closed. Time ticked by as I finished chewing and the orange was plucked out of my hands and into the mouth of the boy next to me. My eyes remained closed for a good couple of minutes and I let them remain shut.

"Ly, are you falling asleep on me?" He asked poking my shoulder. Grunting, my eyes squeezed shut and I yawned.

"Ly?!" He spoke sternly.

"So what if I am, D? I would like to get some sleep unlike you who likes to blast music in your room that I can hear because our rooms are like maybe a yard away from each other." I snuggled back into myself as he stayed quiet.

"You know I have trouble sleeping." Was his muffled reply. Like I wasn't supposed to hear it. I turned towards him and watched as he fluttered his pale eyes lids closed.

"D?"

"Ly?"

"Have they gotten worse?"

A silence remained where he was supposed to fill in the line.

"Dea-"

"Lets not do this." He sat up agitated and wiped the grass off his jeans. He dug in his pocket for a cig and lit it carelessly. Taking a long puff, he let it back out and let out a sigh.

"Do what?" His emotionless face stared back at me. His piercing ocean blue eyes shook me.

"Ly..." He said my name as if it exhausted him. His forehead crinkled as he furrowed his brows together.

"I'll see you tomorrow." And with that he left throwing a half way done cig on the ground and mushing it. Letting our conversation go down with it.

*********$*********

D is the picture above.

Hey lovelies... Teramonkey45 here and I just wanted to let you know that this is just a collection of stories I'm putting together and so if you like them vote and comment and stuff. I would really appreciate it if you would. Also if you like a certain story that I've posted then just comment and if your not comfortable with that then PM me and I'll make another chapter with the same character continuing it. Thanks again and have fun reading.