Chapter 1 - Hello New Guy

/I felt like I had to make another spooky month story with Streber and Kevin since I'm pretty sure it's a canon ship and who doesn't like that? Enjoy the first chapter!/

Kevin's POV:

I stood behind the counter waiting for some kids to come in and buy candy like they always do.

2 kids entered the shop and they were speaking rather loudly like they wanted everyone that was in the shop to hear them.

They slowly approached the counter and I heard more and more what they were talking about.

Kid1-"It's a surprise that anyone would've wanted to buy the spooky house"
Kid2-"Yeah, maybe they bought it just to get money out when they turn it into a haunted house at Halloween"

Now the 2 kids have approached the counter and we're looking up to me. "2 big sized snickers please!" One of the kids said holding up money.

I get them their candy while they speak more about the house. 'What house are they talking about exactly, there's like 100 of scary houses here in this town' I thought to myself giving them the candy and getting the money.

After they left I realized my shift is over. I got out of my work clothes and got my regular clothes on.

I lock the candy shop and start walking to my house, it's not so far from the candy shop so I rather walk then use gas on a car, I'm not that rich.

While I walked I realized the house that's been the haunted house for kids for years has a moving truck in front of it.

My curiosity got the best of me and I walked up to the house to see a boy getting out the house and taking a box from the ground.

They must've seen me since they looked at me and said "hello! Are you a new neighbor? I'm sorry if I'm being loud unpacking my thing" he apologized.

"I'm not, I just uh got off work and saw this, I thought the hunted house is going to a different house or something" I told him.

"Oh, the hunted house will still be here just that I'm hosting it! I'm Streber, what's your name?" He said holding up his hand for me to shake, he looked like he was struggling with holding the box in one of his hands.

"Kevin" I said shaking his hand. "Do you need help?" I asked him. "If it won't be trouble for you, I'd love some help here" Streber said getting hold of the box again.

I helped him get his stuff in his new house for an hour or so until I had to go home.

"See you around town Kevin!" He waved me goodbye. "Cya" I waved back and went on my way to my house. I didn't realize it before but there's only 3 houses in the way of my and Streber's house.

I got in my house and just went straight to bed from tiredness.

//end of chapter 1//