The Duel

Rimuru(POV)

At this moment, she didn't know if she should be crying out in amazement or frustration.

Apparently, while she was lazing about, Athenea did something ridiculous.

Rimuru knew that she was strong, there was no need to remind her of that, but her main specialisation consisted of defence due to Beelzebub.

Sure, her offence is nothing to laugh at and is more powerful than your average Demon Lord using Stardust and Turn : Null, but they weren't Ultimate Skills.

They would never be able to work against an Ultimate Skill user that was actively using it.

Turn : Null might corrode away at the protection of authorities, but the time it would take for it alone to do so in a fight is so much longer, making it not much of use.

If Void was an Ultimate Skill, then it would definitely be possible, but not now.

So her main large scale attacks involved careful use of Beelzebub that was coordinated by Athenea.

Now, after she pawned off the useless skills she got from her subordinates to Athenea so that something useful came out of it. She didn't think that it would be an Ultimate Skill.

Uriel was now her second favourite Ultimate Skill due to its sheer versatility. The first being Athenea.

Honestly, this Ultimate Skill had a defence that was not much lower than Beelzebub, Attack power that was Unrivalled, and was the perfect counter to most active type Ultimate Skills.

' I love you Athenea!!!'

Meanwhile.....

Hearing her master's stray thought filled Athenea with something that she could not describe. [ Satisfaction]

Regardless, it was a nice thing that sent her into a state of bliss.

Back to Rimuru

While she was playing around with her new Skill, she felt a total of 40 presence detected by her universal detect flying towards Tempest.

They were strong enough to give her elite soldiers a good fight.

That didn't mean that they rivaled her own troops. After all, there was just one person that rivaled a general under Beninaru. The other one however, was on a complete different level.

He Rivaled Benimaru as he is now. That is a very surprising thought.

[Notice. Master, the King of the Dwarven Kingdom is the one you detected. They are approximately 665 km away and will arrive in a few minutes.]

Right. She wasn't yet proficient enough with Universal Detect to casually identify a person that far away.

Note to train in it later.

I wonder what the Dwarven King wants with us. Last time i visited, he made a good impression on me. Is he hostile?

[Answer. No. No ill intent detected from the Dwarven King and his escorts.]

Hmmm. So that likely isn't the reason. Then why such a powerful (by the standards of humans) escort guard ?

[Answer. Likely to show our nation that they are not weak and inspire some respect as it is a common fact that that monsters respect strength]

While i understand the tactic, i am not a fan of it. If my nation would have been weaker i would have take it upon myself to eliminate the escort guard, but i will let this slide.

Exiting thought acceleration, i turn to Shizu in front of me and say with a smile," Shizu, we are getting some guest's."

Shizu turns to me, a cup of tea still in her hands, and tenses in a way that would miss most people and speaks," Hostile ?"