C H A P T E R: FIVE

Start from the beginning

" I also wanted to tell you, Cliantha, to start making plans for that little club of yours"

Dumbledore ignore the way she bristled at having the DA brushed aside as a 'little club'.

"Lucius has graciously agree to supervise you, so I have made the DA available to the entire school - third year and up. I announced it at lunch and by the looks of it, there will be quite a crowd at your first meeting which I told the students would be held sometime next week. I expect you to let the student body know the exact date within the next few days. You will have to change the name, of course. We can't continue to call it 'Dumbledore's Army', no matter how flattering it is" 

Clia was by now furious and wild magic was crackling around her.

'Dumbledore's Army? Excuse you, it stand for Defense Association' she thought

"You really need to learn how to control that temper of yours, Cliantha. Occlumency would be of great assistance to you, I'm sure, and since I refuse to make the same mistake twice, I won't ask you to learn it from Severus. I will teach you myself. Our first lesson will be tomorrow night at eight, please try and be on time" Dumbledore said as if he was bestowing a grand and generous gift.

He then swiftly decided it was time to leave, as the things around them started to shake a little. That little shake had been the only warning of some spectacular explosions this past summer, and he had no wish to be caught in another one.

Clia slowly counted to one hundred once the door had close behind the Headmaster before leaping to her feet.

"That's it!" she seethed, marching towards the door with Draco hot on her heels.

Once outside, Clia glared at the knight and demanded, "How did the Headmaster get in? I thought the password had been changed!"

"It was" the knight cheerfully said, "But that was the Headmaster of this school"

"So?"

"When he asked me for the new password, I told him. You cannot deny the Headmaster of Hogwarts. Especially since the Headmaster is the grand and wonderful Albus Dumbledore. Why, just the other week when I–"

Clia didn't bother to hear what the knight had to say, she was too busy steaming. So the great Albus Dumbledore had the portraits on his side, did he?

No wonder the wards had failed. If the pompous meddler had to do was ask for the bloody password to have it delivered on a silver platter.

But there was at least one portrait the Headmaster would have difficulty sweet talking, and Cliantha knew exactly where to find it.

"Umm, Clia? Where are we going?" Draco asked, having to hurry to keep up with the girl.

Clia might be shorter by three inches, but she could move swiftly if she was motivated. And right now, she was motivated.

"We are going to find a portrait that isn't an idiot!" Clia fumed, turning around a corner.

Draco decided to wait and see what would happen as they went deeper and deeper into a part of the castle where he had never been before.

By the look of it, not many had been here lately, considering the thick layers of dust and the copious amount of spider webs that decorate the corners.

"Aha! There you are! Was it necessary to move to the deepest, darkest corner you could find?" Clia complained, coming to a halt in front of a large portrait.

"But of course, young speaker" a pleasant and cheerful voice said, "How else will I be able to keep in touch with that which does not walk in the light?"