C H A P T E R: THREE

Start from the beginning

"Oh dear," Lucius murmured, fighting down an urge to go and hunt the children down to make sure they were all right.

Looking around the room, the blond stepped up to Potter's bedroom.

"We might as well do something useful while we wait. I will deal with Ms. Potter's room, why don't you do something abput the living room?"

Severus walk up to his friend and took a good look at the extremrly red and gold room. He chuckle at the blond who shuddered.

" Who in Merlin's name would do something like this? Dumbledore wouldn't have time and he is the only one I can think of with this garish taste" the blond said

"He probably sent that deranged elf that used to plague you. What was his name? Dopy?"

"You know, I must thank the girl for freeing thst revolting thing. I never understood whst Narcissa saw in him" Lucius said with a laugh.

Life at the Manor had become so much easier after that elf had left them. Of course, his wife had never forgiven Potter for the 'theft'. He wpuld have to talk to her to make sure she did not harm the girl in retaliation.

Draco would not take kindly to that. And blood was so difficult to get out of carpets, not tk mention tapestries.

Pushing the thoughts aside for later, the blond turn back to the room. The place was well below Malfoy standards, and he would be only too happy to rectify the situation.

Twirling his cane, he surveyed the room and decided to start with the walls. Red, how utterly tacky.

꒰ 🌊 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

By the time Clia and Draco returned, the living room had undergone a complete transformation.

The walls were bare stone with a few tasteful tapestries on them. The furniture was made of butter soft black leather and gleaming ebony wood. The drapes and carpet were done in shades of deep green and the pillows adorning the armchairs and couches were done in tones of tarnished silver.

"Much better!" Clia said, sinking into the nearest armchair with a tired sigh.

It had been weeks since she'd gotten a good night's sleep, and she was feeling exhausted. Her letting her magic out hadn't helped either, and she could feel a migraine forming.

"Thank you" Lucius murmured in amusement.

"What did you do?" Severus demanded, drawing his wand and casting a few diagnostic spells.

"Nothing" Clia answered, closing her eyes with another tired sigh.

"Yeah, nothing. Just went on a night swim, that's all" Draco drawled, settling on thr floor next to his mate who rolled her eyes at him

"You're just upset that you got wet"

"You pushed me! You almost drowned me!"

"Oh, please the water was shallow. And besides, it's not my fault your annoying"

"Oh, I'm sorry. The next time I find you beautiful, I'll just tell how ugly you are"

Both Severus and Lucius watch as the two continue their surprisingly, playful banter. The way they converse seems like they been friends for a long time and not enemies.

The two finally stop their banter with Clia rolling her eyes and Draco's face was smug in victory.

"Is this place private?" Clia asked as she look around the room in suspension.