【 𝐓 𝐖 𝐎 】

Mei POV

The sun ascended slowly, until it was visible over the hill. Thousands of colours and hues went through the window, the sunlight shining onto my face, lightening my face with a golden, soft highlight.

I fluttered my eyes open, rubbing my eyes along with yawning softly. I then saw that same man right in front of me, greeting me a; "Good morning". The image of the man started to walk in front of me, but just as he was about to caress my cheek, he start to disappear from my sight when my sister's footsteps thuds towards my door.

"Wake up, slowpoke! Can't be late for the first day of work, can't ya?" She exclaimed, tempted to twist the doorknob, but decided to give me some personal space. I lazily changed my pajamas into my work uniform, and I fixed my hair into a small ponytail. I then flicked my ponytail a sass kind of way.

"Shut up, Rei!" I shouted back, annoyance hinted in my tone. I walked to the kitchen with my bag, and quickly catches the piece of toast Rei tossed to me. 'Isn't this a cliche anime troupe?' I then dashed out of the house, running along the road without looking where I was going.

A rock then magically appeared in front of me, making me stumble backwards. I was both physically and mentally prepared for the impact I will receive when landing, but the huge impact never happened. In fact, something tensioning happened.

I felt a strong pair of arms grab the side of my armpits, pulling me upwards. Sweat dropped onto the my sleeves, a water droplet forming on it. I straightened my back, turned my head around in slow motion, and saw something unexpected.

Him. The man who cursed me. I expressed a slightly irritated face to him, and he tilted his head sideways in confusion. Anyhow, he did save me, so, I'm grateful for that. Albeit, why does it feel like if anybody else saved me, I wouldn't be as grateful? What makes him so special?

I sigh in denial. 'No, I definitely don't have a crush on him!' "Thank you..?" I thanked, but my sentence got ruined when I didn't know his name. "Carper" He mutters, his bangs covering half of his face.

"Thank you, Carper" I curled my lips into a wide smile. I then saw Carper's face slightly turning light red, but when he saw me notice, he almost immediately commanded his face to be in his normal state. I chuckled softly at the humorous sight. He kept a calm demeanour, his poker face not changing. I then only notice now his uniform, the same as mines.

"Wait, do you go to the same cafe place as me?" I asked eagerly, invisible sparkles widening every second in my sapphire orbs. I then blush furiously in embarrassment, I am a woman with dignity, afterall. A moment later, he laughed loudly, trying to reduce the sound he was making since the streets was awfully congested.

After he finished his moment, he stopped laughing and stared at me into my orbs, our gaze aligned to each-other. It was like we were having a try-not-to-blink competition, and I, fortunately, won. A sense of great triumph bloomed in my heart. He then turned away, averting his gaze to the cafe a few metres away.

He took out his arm forward, shaking his head towards the cafe. "Shall we go?" He asked, emphasising with his hand movement. I placed my hands in his, our hands intertwining as he tightened his grip. "What a gentleman" I teased, a sly grin forming with my lips, as he scoffed lightly.

We walked aligned to each-other, hand to hand, and arrived at the cafe a few seconds later. Suddenly, a tall lady, with pastel-pink hair and a big chest walked through the door with a plate of fruitful flavoured macarons in her hands. She almost dropped her plate when she glanced at me. "FUIYOO! There's a new worker, with the lonely Carper, especially!" She exclaimed, quickly putting the plate on the customers table and ran towards me. She placed both of her slightly dainty hands onto my shoulders, then stared daggers at me.

"You better take care of him, alright? He's a good man-" She got cut off when a man with pastel-blue hair appeared. "SHE'S NOT MARRIED!" He yelled, the whole cafe fell in pin-drop silence. Carper had an apprehensive look on his face, and I sweat-dropped along with him. 'Yukoo?'

"Hey again, Yukoo" I say with a respective tone. He waved at me, with a conspicuous sheepish grin plastered on his face. I sighed with a hint of exasperation. "Hey, Mei!" Carper glanced at me with a shocked expression. "Your name is Mei?!" I nodded with concern, wondering how he didn't know, since it was shown in my cafe badge.

"Mei and Carper, you two can rest. Kinda like a lovebird quality time, y'know" The woman says with a sing-songy tone. I blushed deeply, and I noticed a furtive red tinted blush behind Carper's bangs. I tilted my head sideways in confusion. 'Whaa?'

After I placed my order along with Parker, the two, Yukoo and the woman was about to leave, but Yukoo stared into Carper's soul with a scowl. "You stealer" He whispered.