💚CHAPTER 12💚

The night seem so long for  a simple dinner. My initial plan was to get close and intimate with Marie Claire but I didn't get a chance since the old woman was there, we talked random things while digging the delicious foods prepared by Marie Claire so called Nanay Nimfa. It's all Filipino dishes, I must admit her cooking skill was spectacular.

I feel like I was eating my dinner back in the Philippines
the atmosphere was very Filipino vibes.

Marie Claire wasn't talking that much, Unlike her so called Nanay. ang daming kuwento, I feel sorry for the old woman kaya pala siya napadpad dito sa America para hanapain ang nawawala nitong anak for more than 25 years, at kahit alam kong malabo nang makita niya ang anak nya hanga parin ako sa determinasyon nitong mahanap ang nawawalang anak nito.

Is the old woman really wasn't aware how big this country? This is USA. Her son lost at the age of a month old toddler. Unless miracle happens.

Balak sana naming tulungang magligpit ang matanda pero ayaw nya at mahigpit itong tumanggi
She keep insisting na kaya na niya ang lahat at magpahinga na lang kami  sa living room at magkwentuhan.

"I just wondering if you want to come with me to take a walk?"

"Walk?"

Marie Claire replied with confused look at her face.
We're both sitting on the her not so big living room,
kakatapos lang naming kumain at medyo awkward ang sitwasyon.
Di masyadong nagsasalita si Marie Claire at mukhang nakikirandam lang.
Di ito ganun kagaling na conversationist.
Most of the time nagsasalita lang siya pag may itinatanong ako. Or baka di lang niya gustong makipag usap sa akin. I had this feeling na pinapakiramdaman niya lang ako, She wasn't  that kind of woman na magpapa-impress sa harapan ng lalaki. I'd been into different women socialite, models, heiress like her but she's different.

Unlike our first met medyo at ease siya towards me but now she seems acting aloof and untouchable and I don't like it. I don't want to ruin my plans when I'm just barely starting.

I had to take my first plan. I don't want to failed my mother for her last wish.

"I'm planning to go for walk on East River to catch some fresh air and I just wondering if you want to join me? the night still young"

It took couple of minutes bago ito nagsalita. I guess she thinks first.

"That sounds great, I'll  go with you, just let me tell Nanay Nimfa that we are going out for walk"

She raised up from sitting in front of me and walked towards the kitchen.

Mysterious smirk currently playing on the corner of my lips.
I need to make a move as early as now.
Panipis ng panipis ang oras ko at 3 buwan lang ibinigay sa akin para tuluyang I take over ang mga naiwan ni Mommy at Daddy.

Having Marie Claire alone with me is a great chance for my plan.
Need kong mag-madali kung gusto kung matupad ang hiling ni Mommy Monica.

Kapag tuluyang nalantad ang totoo kung katauhan mahihirapan na ako sa balak ko sa mga Lorenzo.

My deep thought interrupted by Marie Claire arrival from her room .
She's holding her Bag and french coat.

"Shall we? Ipinagpaalam na kita kay Nanay Nimfa" she stated casually.

Tumango lang ako at sinundan siya habang papalabas ng pintuan.

There's a long silence until we reached my car. I open her the door of the passenger seat then moved around to joined her inside the car as I climb onto driver's seat and started the ignition. The car finally running smoothly when I decided to break the long agony silence between us.