September 20th 1986

Začať od začiatku

6:38 AM - reign of the brakevan

I know the battle of brendam was bad, but this was almost just as bad. We followed the whistle, and rounded the corner to see a group of mutated people, accompanied by two diesels named splatter and dodge, and a very familiar brakevan to Donald and Douglas. The spitfeful brakevan laughed and asked Douglas if he seriously thought he would get off Scott-free after breaking him apart. We all knew where this was going, and drew our weapons ready for a fight. However before we could do something, a mutated jumped at us, sherif Jackson. I don't know much about him, all I know is that he was on the island for a while but retired around the time Thomas was purchased by sir Topham Hatt. Unlike other mutated victims, sherif Jackson actually had good aim. Only his skin was rotting, everything else was fine. We had to get the engines away, without them we're screwed. Erick, Arlo, and Tilly got the engines away while we focused on trying to strike the former sherif dead. Eventually, they began cornering us. However, our advantage was that we actually had a brain, meaning we could attempt to form a strategy to defeat him. I remembered the sledge hammer I grabbed earlier, so I yelled for the others to distract him while I got into range of Jackson. The plan went down pretty smoothly, the others directed attention off of me so I was able to get close. I hit Jackson in the head which knocked him down, so I crushed his skull with the sledge hammer. There was a moment of silence as we waited for them to make their next move. That's when the real battle began. The mutants all charged at us, so we began shooting at them. The only problem was that when we killed them, some would just get up again. This was a problem as we couldn't just win by shooting them dead, something was getting them back up. That thing was some type of signal of splatter and dodge's side, playing an audio commanding the mutated to get back up. To make it worse, the brakevan could move on itself and fire turrets. We needed to do something fast, or else it would a losing battle. Thanks to Carter's quick thinking, he was able to form a plan. The plan was to destroy the brakevan's turrets, then take out the signals on splatter and dodge. That way the mutated wouldn't get up. We made a formation where we would be able to both shoot at the turrets while also taking out the mutated. Me and Erick shot at the turrets, fortunately taking them both out by shooting at the sides. There was an obvious shift in tides as splatter and dodge were starting to look concerned. Now we just needed to destroy the signals. Another advantage was that there were a lot of points, meaning we could potentially derail one. We caused a diversion while Daniel ran for the signal box, and was able to get in. Sean, Leo, Me and Erick got in Duck and Oliver and began steaming them up. It was up to the others to lure splatter and dodge near the points so Daniel could switch them. Tilly was actually able to lure them out by bluffing that we were winning, which made them mad. And then, everything was in position. Once we heard the points switch, we shot forwards and rammed into the side of dodge as Oliver rammed into the side of splatter, derailing them onto their sides crushing their signals. We shot splatter and dodge in their foreheads so they were dead, and the signals weren't making any noise. Finally, the mutants stopped getting up as we killed them. Seeing the situation he was in, the brakevan tried to make a run for it but was cornered by Donald and Douglas. Nowhere to go, the brakevan screamed in pain as Donald and Douglas crushed him from both sides. Unfortunately my pen is almost out of ink, so I'll have to get a new one soon. When I do, I'll explain the aftermath.

7:02 AM

When we finished off the remaining mutants, we didn't wan't to take any more chances so we dashed down the line until we reached the nearest station, where we stopped to take a breather. At that point we felt like continuing on would be a suicide mission, because let's face it, we're starting to run out of luck. However, Salty and Rosie explained that we couldn't go back to Crovan's gate. Apparently while they were leaving, they heard a whistle followed by a loud crash. The engine seemed to have derailed and crashes right into the station. They didn't know who, but they could point out some details. The engine's face seemed to be illuminated to look like the moon, and it's eyes, mouth, and nose had melted into the face. We asked for more details, and they told us this: "the engine had 2 tenders, and looked similar to Gordon". Duck then blurted out that the engine was the flying Scotsman, Gordon's only surviving brother. So now everyone Gordon was ever related to is dead or mutated, how tragic. I forgot to mention why we even went to go check the quarry. I know this sounds stupidly repetitive, but we're looking for Mavis. I know it sounds stupid, but if there's any chance of her still being alive then we need to take it. Speaking of which, let me just list the engines we still don't know about.
-Mavis
-Boco
-Daisy
-and Thomas.
There might've been a few engines I missed, but I've probably forgotten them. Alright, we're ready to keep going. Hopefully this doesn't turn out like our other trips.