One Shot

Present Day:
That smell Derek could recognize that smell anywhere. Honey, burning wood, and anxiety. His three favorite smells. Derek walked through the doorway with Scott following behind closely. The minute he was in the pack turned to look at him but he was focused on the seventeen year old boy in front of him that he recognized so quickly.

"Stiles"

Derek nearly toppled over at the sight before him. When the teenager lifted his head to see who called him, it felt like someone took a sledgehammer to his chest. Those dark whiskey brown eyes, the pale skin, and the hundreds of moles oh so familiar.

The boy frowned, standing to his full height. Derek remembered when the boy was taller than him, but Stiles hasn't aged a day since then. He hasn't aged a day.

"Who are you?" Stiles asked. Derek had forgotten what he sounded like. But the minute he he heard the boys voice he was filled with a warmth he hadn't felt in so long. He couldn't speak, he was frozen.

"This is Derek," Scott introduced. Stepping past Derek toward the boy he found in the woods earlier. Standing next to Derek he continues, "This is Derek Hale."

"No, it's not," Stiles countered glaring at Scott. "Derek died" This broke Derek out of his trance. He could tell by Stiles body language that he was defensive so he stayed where he was.

"Stiles, it's me," Derek said softly. Stiles shook his head again. "I wasn't in the fire," Derek continued. Taking a small step forward towards the boy, " Laura and I weren't in the house, we didn't die in the fire, please Stiles, it's me."

Stiles blinked, dropping onto the bed and holding his head in his hands, "I don't believe you!"

Derek took a couple of steps closer, reaching the end of the bed. He knelt down in front of Stiles placing his hands on the smaller man legs.

"Mischief, what happened?" Derek asks softly. Stiles head whipped up so fast everyone thought he would've broken his neck. With tears in his eyes he smiles. Derek saw the recognition in the boys eyes. Stiles pulled his hands away from his head, and grabbed Derek's jaw.

Derek let him, allowing Stiles to rotate his head from side to side. The pack knew that this was a sign of submission and was surprised to see Derek allow such a control over something that was so vulnerable. Stiles fingers continues to trace Derek's hairline, eyebrows, and every feature of Derek's face as a way to memorize the differences.

After a long silence of the pack watching and Derek holding his breath waiting for Stiles to say something. Stiles finally said, "you've changed"

"You haven't," Derek said just as softly.

" You were short," Stiles added.

" You were tall."

"You were scrawny," Stiles told Derek.

"You were all muscle."

"I was smart" Stiles says with a slight smile.

"I was dumb," Derek admitted making Stiles belly laugh.
He could hear Isaac snort in the background but he didn't care. Because oh how he missed the sound of Stiles laugh the one that ignited a fire of life with him even after all these years.

Stiles gets a mischievous look on his face and Derek know Stiles is about to embarrass him but with what he does not know.

" I was top." At that Derek blushed and froze. Their banter coming to an end. He cleared his throat and looked to the packs stunned faces. Except for Isaac and Erica who were snickering in the corner.

" I forgot how shy you could be," Stiles says.

" And i underestimated how open you were" Derek says looking at Stiles with a smile. One the pack has never seen on their fellow pack mates face.

Stiles removed his hands from Derek's cheeks. The two sat quietly together, Stiles looking at his hands, and Derek not able to look anywhere but at Stiles.

Stiles face contorts into a grimace, tears welling in his eyes as he lifted his head to look at Derek. The pack smelling grief and guilt.

" I thought you died in the fire," he cried. Derek grabbed Stiles waist bringing the boy to the floor with him. Stiles proceeds to wrap his arm around Derek's neck, burying his face in the crook of Derek's shoulder.

Derek could smell years of dirt, blood, and urine on Stiles on top of the grief, guilt, and anxiety rolling off of him in waves, but didn't care for a second.

" I missed you," Derek said to Stiles.

" I love you," Stiles answered.

" I love you too"

" Don't agree Derek. How many times do I have to tell you that." Stiles said lifting his head looking at Derek with a stern look.

" I love you Mischief!" Derek answered pecking Stiles on the lips and then hugging Stiles close.

The End

—————————————————————————
Sorry for any grammar mistakes or if you didn't like it. This was an idea that popped in my head and I had to write it down before I lost it.