Chapter 1

Third person pov

She quietly sat in her window frame, desperatly trying to not fall asleep whilst reading about mitosis. It was a friday, and she had work in the early afternoon. She had her day off from school so she decided to take an earlier shift. She almost fell down from her spot near the window whilst reaching for her phone. The time read 11:36 AM . Panic.

She was still in her pj:s and launched herself towards the bathroom. "Shit, shit, shit" she cursed as she now rememberd her shift starts at 12 PM sharp.  Throwing on a presentable outfit and yanking her hair up in a ponytail she packed her things in a small bag and rushed out the door of her family's apartment.

The bussride to the café was rather peaceful a she sat in a seat trying to catch her breath. She took out her phone and saw she had almost 10 new texts from her best friends.

Cheonsa's pov

I took out my phone and looked at our groupchat. I almost screamed in terror when I read the messages.

(p)est (b)als

bambi: omg u won't belive this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnome: oh no u won't belive this, srsly

bambi: im so mad

gnome: like how could they

bambi: yeah like where is the loyalty

bambi: i just want to wipe that stupidly sexy grin off his face

gnome: whoah there girl, sexy? since when?

bambi: NO nOt liKE thAT

bambi: he will never be attractive

gnome: chilly, they are playing at the café. THEY ARE PLAYING AT THE CAFé

                                                                                                                                              WHAT!? :chilly

                                                                                                                                NOnoNO! :chilly

---

I could not believe it, him and his stupid little band playing at the café I work at. How could the owner do something like this?

I quickly got of the bus once it came to a stop and powerwalked my way up to the café's back door. I was immediatly greeted by a very grumpy Bora who looked out into the seating area.

"What a bunch of shitheads, like do they really think that they will get Jay the top spot just by annoying you? I swear they are such bellends" she said as she handed me an apron with a pissed but simpathetic smile. Now let me explain.

I go to Naengcheon Academy, and I want to be the top student this year. But of course there are others who wants what I want, which is cool and I respect that. But somehow this absoloute arse named Park Jongseog or Jay decided the same thing, and that could have been fine IF he wasn't such a thick wanker that decided everything between him and me would be a comptition and that he had to win.

I struggle my way into my apron and then head out to the café and went straight to the cash register to clock in.

"Hi Chilly!" I turned around to be met with Dambi standing mere centimeters from my face. "Can you stand by the register today?" she asked while batting her eyelashes in a annoying but fun way.

"Sure, but what was that earlier about a sexy smirk huh? Who were you reffering to? Heeseung maybe?" I counterd and she looked horrified.

"Uhm well you see, eh eherm I-" she maneged but I just chuckled.

"You know that you don't have to fake hate him just because I hate Jay? I'm fine with you getting together" I dismissed her and she just blushed. "Any way how about yo-"

"Hey Cheonsa, they need your help on the stage" the owner of the café called out and I mentally cursed her for making me do this. I smiled at Dambi before rolling my eyes and making my way over to the stage to help them.

"Hello there second placer" I held back a gagreflex when I heard his voice.

"Sup' asshat, still can't figure out a normal lightswitch?" I sassed back and his friends held back their laughter. His jaw was on the floor from the insult. I quickly fixed the board with all the little buttons and thingamajickers and plugged in the big speakers to their instruments. "Maybe it's time to learn this since you are in a band instead of focusin on how you beat me with half a point, hm?" I said as patted his cheek lightly while passing him on my way back to the counter.

Jay's pov

I stood there in utter disbelife by her actions, why was she so annoying? And yes, I very much hate her, but it is not my fault she's a pissy lil' idiot that is trying to take my spotlight. And I don't like her, at all.

"You know if you like her that much you could at least try to get in her good graces instead of fucking around and picking on her for a half point. A HALF POINT!" Jake said as he stared me down. "Plus it would help immensely since I'm trying to get her friend to like me."

"I don't like her! And it's a competition" I defended.

As I later watched out over the café when we were playing I saw her bopping along to the sweet jazzy tunes. I smiled. She could not deny that we were pretty good.

After our stage we headed to the counter to order some drinks. Cheonsa rolled her eyes at me and greeted the others happily while glancing at her friend by the coffee machine. Lim Bora. I feel nauseous when I see how Jake bats his eyes at her and sends her small winks that make her roll her eyes, but we could all see that blush on her cheeks.

"You know Simmie, I'd ask for her number to start the process." Cheonsa joked as Bora jolted in shock. Jake flushed red when his eyes met with Bora's and he tried to stammer out his order while Cheonsa laughed silently. Gosh she is so annoying and stupid. Another laugh could soon be heard erupting from the bakery in the back, awfully melodic and in tune. Yoo Dambi stepped out and I could see Heeseung not-so subtly straighten up and fixing his hair. I swear to god he keeps denying it while it is obvious he likes her.

Just as I'm about to order someone interrupts.

"Cheonsa~ coach told me to tell you practice starts at eight o'clock tonight" Sunghoon said as he ever so rudely clamps his big feet between me and Cheonsa.

"Alright, thanks Hoonie" she smiles at him as he just nods with a smile and bids goodbye.

"Oh something going on there?" I heard Dambi giggle and Cheonsa just shook her head in disbelief. Wait, why is she not denying it? Is there really something going on between those two? Why didn't Sunghoon tell me? He knows I hate her.

Riki nudged me to get me to order because apparently I had been staring out of that door that the penguin had walked through.

"One vanilla latte" I monotonously said as my eyes wandered back to her.

"Alright, that would be 6,000 won. Now pay up twat" she mused. I handed her the money and she just sighed as she looked through the bill. "That is 10,000 won too much, Jongssaeng. I thought you won over me in math by HALF A POINT, shouldn't you be able to count to six?" I just grinned and her eyes narrowed.

"Keep it" was all I said before I turned on my heel to pack up my guitar.

What the hell did I just do.

Cheonsa's pov

Now what in the fucktity fuck was this, JAY gave ME money for no reason at all. I swear something is going on, his friends were shocked. They are never shocked when it comes to him dancing around on my last nerve.

I just turned to Bora and Dambi who looked just as shocked as me. This was out of the ordinary to an extent that I was not comfortable with.

<3...