𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

It was clear what they needed to do as the remaining keys rested on the kitchen table now.

"We can build it up, or build another door." Bode was looking for anything to keep the keys.

"That didn't work the first time around, did it?" Kinsey pointed out, looking at Tyler.

"For me, I really don't think I can handle Dodge possibly coming back again." Harvest admitted as she chewed on her lips. "Especially if she uses someone else's body, like she did Bodes. If this is the only way...then I agree."

"Me too." Logan nodded with a deep inhale. "I think we faced enough trauma, don't you think?"

"We can build a stronger door!" Bode tried to make the matter better. "One that no one can get into."

"Look, I, um-think we all know what needs to happen here." Tyler looked around the dim kitchen. "We need to give up the keys. Throw them all back from where they came from."

"But they've helped us so much." Bode gave a defeated look.

"Have they?" Kinsey asked honestly. "I mean, they're the reason Dads gone. And so many other people. Eden, Jackie, Jo. Gordie."

Harvest liked to imagine how she'd turned out if Gabe, created through keys, never came into her life.

"And all the original keepers of the keys." Tyler agreed with his sister. "Gideon was right about one thing. The keys: they never belonged to us."

Bode looked to Nina hopefully. "Mom, come on. We can't just give up magic."

"I'm sorry, bud." she rubbed his arm. "But, I agree. The keys aren't good. They make people do terrible things. They corrupt people. They cause harm and pain. Even your father. He couldn't resist them. I think Tyler's right."

"Me too." Kinsey pushed off the counter, Harvest nodded her head to show her agreement.

"So, i'm out voted then." Bode took a seat with a frown on his face.

"I was hoping this could be a unanimous thing." Tyler pointed out.

"Bode, what is it you want from the keys?" Kinsey tried to understand.

"Just one more thing." he looked up. "If we can do that, then i'll agree."

He picked up one of the keys.

Harvest didn't go, she sat outside of the door that lead her to her father.

Logan frowned as he walked over and sat infront of her. "Hey."

She glanced up. "Hey."

"If you really don't wanna go in there, I would never make you." he nodded his head at her knowingly as she sniffled, staring at his face as he offered her a smile. "But, you love your Dad so much. I know you would do anything to see him again, and this is your chance."

"But it's gonna be too hard to leave." she admitted, he wipped a tear for her eye. "I just don't think I can."

Logan hesitated. "Do you remember when you told me that your Dad was the only person to get you? That he understood you and didn't push you to be different?"

She nodded as he smiled at her. "That's how I feel with you. I mean, this world is just so loud, and it's so terrifying but when i'm with you, everything seems okay. You understand me. And I know, god forbid if ever happens, but if i'd have lost you, i'd want to be able to see the person that made me feel whole just one more time."

A sad smile spread across her face, resting her forehead against his. "When I get back, and after we throw the keys away, and after the Splattering premiere, what if we take a gap year? Or just a couple months, at least. Go somewhere, just get away."

"Yeah, that sounds good." he laughed. "I know you love the mountains the most. We've got a place up there, plenty of space for you to finish your writing. Plenty of space for me to...do whatever I do."

It made her laugh as he smiled. "As soon as you get back. I think we can skip the premier, don't you?"

She didn't answer, jusr leaned in and kissed him as her hands held onto his face. It lasted for a few seconds before she stood up, bracing herself for her father to be on the other side. Her gaze shifted back when she opened it, standing in the doorway of key house and her old home. "You're wrong."

"What?" he gave her a questionable look.

"I don't love the mountains the most." she shook her head. "I love you the most."

Then, she walked into the door. And when she came back, he said the same thing, and they kept the promises they'd made. As they always would, because it was always gonna be them. Even if they ended up with the wrong person at first, even if it took them longer then most to finally get together, it would always lead back to Logan and Harvest.

The End

kylie speaks

woah. it doesn't feel real
right now. i just can't believe
we aren't gonna get another
season, meaning this book has
come to a final end. despite the
hate i got from gabe lovers, i
never would have done anything differently. i loved
writing this books and i love
the ones of you that have supported me for our special little story! it will always mean so much to me and know that this book will always be here for all of you to come back to for just a little good read every now and then. it's been a blast. truly.

 truly