𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

"Logan's here?" Harvest blinked when Kinsey delivered the news

"He was fine at first and then he just ran." Kinsey explained, Harvest going down the hallway immediately. "Maybe he needs space?"

She ignored her sister, opening the bathroom door and looking over. Logan sat on the ground, infront of the shower. Harvest blinked as she looked down at him. "Hey."

"Hey." he mumbled back. "Can you shut the door?"

Harvest closed the bathroom door, walking down to sit infront of him. "You're on the floor in my bathroom."

"What a weird way to start a new page." he joked slightly, pulling at the skin on his fingers. "I just- I wanted to come over and help set up for our party and then I got here and I just, I guess, panicked."

"Something in the house triggered you?" the redhead asked honestly, trying to recall the few things she'd learned when she went to therapy. Despite only going for two weeks and then getting pissed off and never going back.

"No, not really." Logan shook his head, looking up again. "Just in general, I guess. It's all I think about now."

The accident.

She placed a hand on his with a small nod. "People deal with trauma in their own ways. I can understand if you aren't ready. The party can be canceled."

"I wanna have the party." Logan shook his head. "I just don't know if I can."

Harvest though of a way to fix this before she gave a nod. "Okay, I have a code I did before moving here."

Logan gave her an odd look.

"When i'd get overwhelmed in public I'd go up to my dad and kick his ankle three times. It was our own little thing. He knew then that being around everyone, when all my siblings had friends and I had no one, that him and I would leave." Harvest explained the little memory to Logan, a faint, yet sad, smile fell upon her lips. "I could pass that onto you."

Logan hesitated. "Three kicks?"

"Three kicks then I'll climb up on the table and tell everyone to leave in less then two minutes or i'm calling the police and taking their license plates." she joked in returned, a grin across her face that actually made Logan smile. "How's that for comprising?"

"Sounds pretty good." he said back with a nod. "My dads think I should get on anxiety medicine."

"Do you think it would help you?" she asked him with a nod, picking at the bathroom rug.

"I don't know if it's anxiety though." Logan explained, licking his lips with a small sigh. "It just feels like i'm there. Like when I blink, i'm just right back in the car again, almost dying. Every time I see my dad or I leave the house I just panic and think someone, anyone out there, tried to kill me and will come back."