epilogue

I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the way, the grass became greener and the world slowed down. The stares became glances and the glances became smiles and I became buoyant. I became a halo of life and a bridge of possibility, ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime with my true love. Just the two of us, exploring the deepest depths of the universe. Sander's arms are wrapped around my waist while we gaze up at the twinkling stars of the night sky. It's been two months since my grand speech. Three months since I came out. Three months since we've been officially together. And let me tell you, I would trade every one of my childhood years just to relive those three months again.

Easter is around the corner, which means that today was the last day of school. Sander and I will be with our respective families for the holidays, so this is also the last day I'll see him for at least a week. We've talked out our differences with Juliano, and although he and Nova broke up, he's slowly healing. So am I. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I'm doing better than ever. People are accepting me. People are looking up to me. People are being their true selves because of me. Even my mother has started seeing someone. And not just any someone, but a woman. I lean my head back and cradle against my boyfriend. Our fingers entangle into a heart.

"I love you," Sander whispers softly onto my neck.

"Have a nice spring break, Sander... I love you too."

The End