Not a good hiding spot

I run to my mom, hopping she did not see the human boy; whom i was talking to.

"Who was that you where talking to, my dear?" My mom asked suspiciously.

"Um.. I was talking to my hoarse, mother." I say, hopping she will believe my lie. 

"A certain thing will make you mad, my dear, I rather you not do that again. Come along, we have a party to attend to."My mom waves her feathery fan at me, motioning me to join her.

I sigh and go with her."Isn't it too late to go to a party, mother? I just got here and I haven't planed a dress to ware." To be honest, I really don't like going to parties, I have to be perfect at every party. I can never be myself.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that dear, I planned on a famous dresser to make you a beautiful dress." My mom says, delighted i asked.

This is the only thing we ever talk about me and my mom. I try to ask her of my curse but she changes the subject as if nothing happened. I wish i knew my fate, i wish i knew what would happen to me if the curse is never cured. I truly don't want to stay like this forever, i want to go in and out of the water as I please. We walk past the hole that the boy was hidden and i suck in my breath hopping mother doesn't notice him hiding there.

"And who is this young boy?" Mother hisses.

"Um.. I-" I say in panic.

"I am, Prince Charleston." He bows and looks at me.

A prince! He's a prince, what are the odds of running into a prince!

"Well, little boy i would appreciate if you go back to your castle." Mother says impatiently.

"Yes, mam." He turns to me and says. "Goodbye princess." He bows and leaves.

Of course I am struck for words and my mom is asking me questions but i can not concentrate. Who was he? Why was he following me? And why on earth was he in the woods!?