Chapter 24

"So, what did they say?" Ophely asked the boys as they all packed themselves into their van to go back to the dorm.

She had fallen asleep in the middle of the meeting, the Korean words and terms used being quite difficult for her to understand and her fatigue didn't help. It might have actually worsened her understanding of the language. Quite logical because you cannot be fluent in half a month in a language you hadn't even known existed before then. She tiredly sat beside Jeonghan, their hands still connected.

"Not much more except to keep holding hands." He huffed quietly as the rest took their seats and they were all belted up. "They can't do anything, nor can we. The only thing that everyone has understood is that the longer we touch at once the longer we can't spend apart."

All the boys were tired, their staff and managers too, the meeting had drained the little energy they had had left. The car was pretty quiet as they all rested in their seats. Head leaning back and to the side, phones turned off and some even snoring. The answer the company had for the problem was kind of anti-climactic. They heard of the problem and had asked for an emergency meeting, just for the answer to just do like they had before.

All of Seventeen was pretty bummed out by that.

Jeonghan was somehow glad that Ophely had slept through all that because it would have only confused her more than anything. The meeting had only been back and forths between the staff, the CEO and the members of Seventeen for over an hour, for them to end up at their starting point. They had not gone one one place forward. The entire time in the room had been useless. The only thing that they could actually do was to try and keep contact for over six hours (around twelve would definitely be perfect), and for the team of fourteen to be ready if the two were to exchange bodies suddenly without any reasons why.

Maybe that very low mood throughout the team was what had made the manager propose the boys to order take-out for dinner. It was no surprise that every one that was awake accepted.

Because even if Ophely had been at home, Joenghna had been there for most of that time. It wasn't like he wasn't a very good cook, it just was that he couldn't cook better than the rest of the members. Thus him not cooking that afternoon as he tried to contact the group and find himself at the company for the meeting after somehow stopping Ophely's online biology class (which he understood none of it).

S

o the boys were nothing but ready for an easy meal for when they arrived back home. They loved their manager for how he also took care of them. It was a given-given, which came back at the perfect time. Ophely was also glad, because cooking so often for over twelve grown men was starting to get tiring. Even more so now that she was into her own classes as well.

So Ophely allowed herself to fall asleep beside her other half-time body. Jeonghan didn't try to keep her awake while they rode home.

-

Ophely didn't try to stay very awake during the entire evening, closer to a very late night. She hadn't been able to check her phone for the time but she was sure that the meeting hadn't gone for only half an hour. Filming had finished at eight, if she remembered well, and then there was the time spent in the car to get there, and the meeting itself. Followed by the travel back to the apartment, which she had realised at the start of that there weren't a lot of cars on the roads. She knew that it was very late.

Each of the boys had realised that too as the moment they had sat themselves in the relatively squishy seats of the vans how tired they were. It was to no surprise to them that Ophely was tired. She was young and had not been working as an idol for years. She hadn't trained for that for years. She hadn't been gradually countering workload and sleep. She wasn't used to that. And that is why the boys had left her alone while she was knackered, tired out of her mind, and sleeping while most of them would just drink a cup of coffee to subside for them in the coming hours.