Chapter Twenty-One

Isabella didn’t know what happened between them, she knew she lied to him but it wasn’t her choice. After he left, she went to their closet grabbed one of his shirts, threw it on and went to bed. Where she lay on his side of the bed and wept, because after saying he wouldn’t get mad he did. She wondered when he would be back. She ended up going to sleep by three o’clock that morning, at least she didn’t have anyone that would bother her while she wept and slept.

The following day Isabella didn’t know what to do, she had cried all night. When she got up there was a guy sitting on the couch, she didn’t know him, but she figured Zachary had him as her body guard or whatever.  As soon as the guy seen Isabella, he stood up and introduced himself:

“Hello Mrs. Marino, my name is Benevuto; however you may call me Ben. Your husband sent me to watch over you while he is away. He told me that you cannot be trusted to be on your own. Also, under his orders you are not allowed to leave the hotel for any reason. You are allowed to go down to the main dining room, and shopping areas, but I must be with you at all times. I don’t know what you did to Mr. Marino, but he was pissed off when he called me. Hopefully you will come to look of me as a friend, as I don’t want you to hate me as I am only doing my job. Also on your husband’s orders, if you try anything I have the authority to keep you locked up in here.”

“Well, since you are my guard, I guess you had better either call me Bella, or Isabella, I am not old enough to be called Mrs. Also, my stupid husband didn’t tell you how long he would be gone did he, since he is not talking to me at the moment? And right now I don’t know who I can trust but, as you may be here a while we may become friends. Are you to stay with me 24/7 or what? How does this work, I’ve never had a nanny before?”

“Well, Bella, aren’t you a little old for a nanny? I mean you are married and what not. As for your husband, all he said is that he had some issues to deal with and would be gone for about a month if not more, now I know we just met and all so I understand. As far as how this works, yes I am staying with you 24/7. This hotel room has three bedrooms in it, and three baths, so there is enough room for us both her. Your husband said you have a phone in the bedroom you are allowed to use, and you have a laptop coming, he has enrolled you into an online college and you are to begin taking the classes. He said you have a week before you begin. Apparently you will be taking legal classes, and everything is done online. You are to maintain an average of 85 percent or higher. It is a four year degree plan. Other than this I don’t know of anything else I am to tell you. Oh, wait, yes I will be talking to your husband every other day, but he said he will not be speaking with you until he is ready. Other than this there is nothing else I can think of.”

“Thank you Benevuto. As for a nanny, I’m guessing my husband didn’t tell you how old I am. I am 16 years old. So you tell me am I old enough not to have a nanny. I guess, with all of this information it’s going to be hard. I mean I’ve been marred less than four weeks, and my husband decided to leave me, but can’t leave me as we can’t divorce I guess this is his way. Well since I can’t go anywhere other than stay here at the hotel, I guess I want to go down for breakfast, and then I plan on going for a swim. I plan on staying at the pool today. So let’s go eat!”

With that, both Benevuto and Isabella headed to the restaurant. When they got there, everyone on staff greeted her, and she greeted them as well. It wasn’t their fault her husband was being an ass. When they sat down, she ordered first “Yes, I will have three scrambled eggs, two French toasts, bacon, and sausage. I want orange juice to drink as well.”  “Yes Ma’am, and for you sir?” “I will have two eggs over easy, toast, bacon and orange juice as well.” “Thank you, sir, and ma’am everything will be out in just a moment. Please enjoy.”