"sugoi, senpai!" hinata stated, feeding the latter's pride even more. "but honestly, i don't take kiiro-san as the type of person who initiates the first move."

"because she really isn't," kageyama thought. a frown painting his stoic face as he mumbles incoherent words to himself, as he could still remember back in their middle school days that he used to be the one to strike up a conversation with the girl even when their friendship had already formed.

"so, that's why you're always googling on your phone during breaks? i see, i see." the captain, daichi, joined the conversation.

nishinoya's eyes widened as he intensely shook his head. "n-no! i-i was just…" his stammering caused everyone to burst out laughing, which made the poor nishinoya turn into a tomato.

"a-ah tsukishima, wait up!" yamaguchi rushed towards the door of their clubroom to catch up with the blond, who walked out of the room with a scowl.

"why does tsukishima look pissed, though?" hinata whispered through the air, and just then, kageyama went out with the same look as the blond awhile ago.

"oi, matte! daichi-san said that he'll treat us meat buns!" hinata yelled, following after the setter with the other boys.

heading to the convenience store nearby their school campus is already a routine for the karasuno volleyball team. getting meat buns is the usual thing they eat after class, and sometimes daichi and the other seniors treat the team.

"are, where are the buns?" ennoshita looked around to search for the paper bag filled with the meat buns.

"where's hinata as well?" tanaka questioned as his eyes met with ennoshita's.

if the meat buns are gone and so is hinata, then…

"oi, that's your third bun already!"
kageyama's voice from outside the store alerted the rest inside.

everyone rushed outside to see the freshmen pair, one eating a bun while holding the paper bag and the other clenching onto hinata's shirt. on the other hand, tanaka was the first one who walked up to them and also grabbed hinata by his collar.

"that's why the meat buns went missing." sugawara chuckled in disbelief, sitting by the sides with the other team members.

their loud voices to one another, arguing over the food bought by their captain. it is and would never be a good idea to put kageyama, hinata, and tanaka together because chaos will surely erupt, yet the trio always finds a way to create a harmonious mess. their petty argument went on for minutes, with hinata's mouth stuffed with a bun as he was raised by his collar by kageyama and tanaka scowling at him.

"i regret coming here already," said by a feminine voice.

everyone turned their heads toward the direction of the voice, and seeing nekoma's manager standing before their eyes was baffling as none of them expected that the girl would be stepping foot on miyagi.

nishinoya was shocked. extremely shocked. he could feel his heart pounding, his lips trembling, and his eyes sparkling like the stars just by staring at his beauty crush.

"k-kiiro?" nishinoya greeted in a lively voice.

those golden eyes…

her eyes flickered to meet his, "yo, yū-kun." kiiro greeted him with a small wave, and that simple action brought butterflies to the latter's stomach as his cheeks went burning red.

meanwhile, the tight grasp on hinata's collar went loose, and the orange-haired boy fell down on the pavement with a loud thud.

nishinoya couldn't believe it.