Chapter 3 - It's Not Like You'd Understand

Y/n P

Y/n P.O.V

Blair had quickly warmed up with the crew. I was even able to learn more about her!  Apparently she is an only child, who was trapped in the kingdom she was raised in, for what seemed like her whole life...quite similar to me.

My thoughts were cut off as Blair barged into my cabin with a wide grin on her face.

"Hey y/n! Would you happen to know where Jacob is?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Maybe try checking with the doctor. He may be getting stitched up." I smiled.

Blair gave a small thumbs up as she exited through the door. As she left I took a big sigh and sat my elbows on my desk. Hands on my forehead frustrated with feelings. As another knock appeared at my door I let out an irritating, "Yes?". The door knob turned.

Putting my head down on the desk I heard a figure pull another chair nearby to sit beside me. I smirked at the person's presence.

"Alright what is it y/n ? Out with it now" Jacob said as he scooted closer to my lowered head.

*I had no response

He then got up from his seat, and pulled my seat to face him.

My head still lowered, staring at the ground, Jacob had grunted in frustration as he placed his hand underneath my chin.

My eyes suddenly shot up at his own, surprised by his sudden move. A pinkish color started to form around his face. I forced myself to play dumb in the situation to avoid any other flustered feelings. I lowered his hand that was holding my chin and prepared to get up. Yet again he found a way to prevent me from escaping. His strong hand grasped my free hand. A sudden pull from my arm caused me to fall into his chest. His heart was beating like crazy. His face inched closer.

"Y/n.." he paused but then calmed down as his eyes focused on our hands.

"I want to take whatever is bothering you away from you love..I want to know your true feelings" Jacob said as our noses nearly touched.

I hesitantly placed my hand on the side of his face, preparing for what I felt was the mood for a kiss. But then again, the cowardly thoughts took over. I slowly kissed him on the cheek and slipped out of his grasp.

"I'm fine Jacob. Really." I said with a reassuring smile.

"I just need some time to think about stuff"

With a defeated but worried look, Jacob nodded his head towards me signaling, "I'm here if you need me".

I nodded back to him as a "thanks".

—-time-skip—

As we approached closer to Torchwall, the waves dramatically changed behavior. They seemed calmer as we neared. As usual I continued the map of our voyage in my cabin and out on the deck. Jacob would be helping with whatever tasks are at hand on the ship itself (with Blair tagging along most of the time). I heard fast footsteps behind me all of a sudden. I quietly giggled as I noticed Maisie leaned her body against the rail of the ship, staring down at the map I was creating.

"Hello y/n! Hasn't life on the ship been boring to ya?" Maisie said in a tired tone.

I tilted my head to think but shortly after faced the curious young girl once again.

"Honestly, just been uneventful at the least until Blair showed up" I said with a sigh.

"True..but I feel like ever since Blair showed up, Jacob has grown of interest to the girl" she confidently spoke.

I glared at her.

Maisie then burst out laughing as I rolled my eyes in amusement.

"You're jealous aren't you" Maisie giggled.

I held a finger to my lips to set in the lock for our little secret.

Maisie took her hand, pretended to zip her mouth shut and winked at me.

I winked back and waved her goodbye as she raced over to Blue who was rolling around the deck chasing the crew.

"Jealous..hmph how ridiculous" I thought in my head as I went back to navigating our journey.

(To be continued)