Chapter 1 - I Despise (Love) You

y/n's POV:

y/n's POV:

The faint mist of the roaring waves that splashed upon the deck of the ship lightly coated my face with a refreshing mood. I had just joined my father (who is known around the world as Captain Augustus Crow III) and his crew on their journey to voyage the unknown seas after they'd recently quit their journey of monster hunting. I always longed for exploring, ever since I was left stuck in the kingdom of "Three Bridges", after my father left to pursue his monster-hunting career in the past. That, along with his favorite child on the ship (who isn't such a child now I assume) known as Jacob. Jacob Holland. A charming and courageous boy really. But I was always so envious of the love father showed him, compared to the love father showed me. Finally revolting against the King and Queen's lies, it had been over a month since Jacob had reunited with the crew. His adorable first mate Maisie had also joined our journey of exploration. Such a joy to be around. When meeting the boy my father treated as a trophy, I couldn't help but feel my heart throb. Both of envy and fluster of the boy who was now a man standing in front of me.

I was suddenly brought back into the present ambience of the misty sea as I felt a strong hand on my shoulder.

"Dozing off again y/n?"

Of course it was Jacob. I shoved his hand off my shoulder with a small huff and stood to walk back to father's cabin. Before I could set foot to my destination, Jacob quickly grabbed my hand to stop me.

"What is it Holland? Don't you see I have to finish up the map for our next island?" I said with a soft sigh.

His eyes stared down deeply into my own. Almost intimidating in a way.

"You're doing this again, love." He said quietly.

I tilted my head with confusion.

Leaning closer to my ear he whispered, "Pretending like you haven't fallen for me yet?"
He suddenly bursted into laughter as I snorted with amusement from his comment.

"Shut up will you!" I yelled as I lightly punched him in the arm.

"Sorry, sorry" He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"Speaking of the map, I believe we should be arriving land soon based on the currents" Jacob said with a stern face as he felt the winds changing.

I stared at my compass nodding my head as it pointed in the direction we would most likely be doing a pit-stop at. Torchwall Kingdom. Suddenly, a loud slam of a cabin door made both Jacob and I quickly jump. The jump was followed shortly by a sigh of relief. I giggled as I saw the source of this scare of a sound was just Maisie. I greeted her with a hug and watched as she ran to Jacob. Patting his rough hand on her head painted a small smirk from the dry corners of my lips. Of course there were times where I absolutely despised him yet, I will admit. I do find myself falling for him once in a while.

(To be continued)