chapter seventy-four

(y/n) had her head on Michael's chest as they sat in science class together as he ran his finger through her hair. Finn sat with Donna in the back as he twitched in his seat at the sight in front of him. He wasn't so much of the jealous type, but it broke his heart watching this no-good man treating the girl he liked as if he owned her already. Donna understood both the boy's side, but she also understood why her friend wasn't catching on so quickly because he was a different person around her. Finn then got up asking the teacher to go to the bathroom as he rushed out there wiping at the corner of his eyes.

(y/n) Pov
When I noticed Finn leave class, I got up to my feet wanting to see what was going on before Michael took my hand in his.

"Want me to go check up on him?"

"I can do it"

"But people will get the wrong idea" he whispered pointing over at some girls that had their heads turned to us. I wanted to check up on my best friend, but I didn't want another rumor to spread so I let Michael do it for me as I sat back down in my seat turning to Donna to ask if she knew what was up with Finn.

"Sorry (y/n) I'm not sure maybe he ate something bad at lunch"

"Well, I heard that the lunch was mini corn dogs and tomato soup" I said as Donna looked at me a bit dumbfounded.

"Those weren't the options"

"They weren't?"

"It was pizza or a build your own sandwich" she said leaning over the desk a little "where did you hear those options?"

"Michael told me, so we went to the library to eat there"

"Yeah, no they were pizza or build a sandwich"

I was left there like a fool but slightly angry at Michael as I wanted to go back to the lunchroom just to hang out with my friends and get a proper lunch then left-over bits of food that we had to share but because the options weren't my favorite, he suggested the library again to hang out and eat.

"Hey when is your date and where is he taking you? Is it something romantic?" Donna asked, tapping her foot on the floor looking up at me with a slight smile.

"Oh, it's on Saturday and he plans on taking me to the movie theater so nothing too romantic but just a nice little date"

"Aww he's sweet" Donna lied through her teeth holding back disgust that I didn't catch on as I shrugged turning back in my seat writing down some notes for class. Finn had come back to class as his eyes looked to the ground not meeting mine as he got back to his seat. Michael came in a few minutes later and took a seat next to me grabbing my hand in his as I pulled away.

"What's wrong (y/n)?"

"Why did you lie to me?" I whisper crossing my arms

"Lie about?"

"The lunch options I told you I wanted to go to lunch to hang out with my friends, but you told me that the lunch was serving mini corn dogs and tomato soup, so we went back to the library on your suggesting"

"Oh, I must have read the wrong day. I'm so sorry (y/n) I didn't mean to" he said, falling silent after that, rubbing the back of his neck, not meeting my gaze. Guilt whelmed over me as I reached my hand out grabbing his.

"That's okay but tomorrow I'm going to look at the lunch menu" I said with a smile making him look up and chuckle, nodding his head as I shared my notes with him. I couldn't let it go through something didn't seem right when he said that. I turned my head over tapping on the desk grabbing Finn's attention as I reached my hand out grabbing his as he looked up at me squeezing my hand a little. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just stress"

"Is there any way I can help?" I asked, rubbing my thumb over his hand as he let out a sigh, squeezing my hand a little more before letting go, shaking his head no grabbing his notebook to write notes down as I turned back looking at Michael as he gave me a warm smile. I couldn't return it back though as I took my notebook back writing a couple more notes down. 

When gym Finally came, we were playing dodgeball, the first game I played when I got here as I went looking around for Griffin seeing him over by the bleachers reading a book. I walked up to him wrapping my arms around him for a hug as he jumped up, turning his head as his face lit up before pulling me to him.

"Ready for dodgeball?"

"Never" he said quickly as we both burst out laughing 

"Well, you just hand me the dodgeball I'll aim" I said pulling away from the hug walking down the bleachers while Griffin right behind me Michael came in a few minutes later as he waved over at us before joining our team that the coach had assigned. 

"Alright so I made a plan for our team to win well mostly us to give an advantage"

"You serious have a plan for a game?" Michael asked holding my hand in his as I glared at him slightly when he chuckled 

"Yes, now the plan is Griffin you grab any dodgeball you see, me and Michael will throw them and aim at the easiest targets"

"Wow you make this real"

"I like wining" I joked as the teacher blew his whistle. we took off as Michael ran up to the front grabbing a ball aiming at some guy while I stood in the middle grabbing any balls lying around me while Griffin ran around. I scanned around the crowd taking aim for one of the guys then ducking down when a ball was coming for my head. the game lasted only half an hour as our team won with four people left me, Michael, Griffin and some other boy. I jumped into Michael arms as he cheered spinning me around holding me up. 

Griffin stood by the wall watching (y/n) face light up as she looked at him a look that he always wished to see in her. he sighed tapping on the dodgeball lowering his head before heading out of class tears already streaming down his face.