"another letter." akaashi answered honestly.

"ohh." she started flipping through the book and started to estimate how long it would take you. she wanted to get that letter because she loved every letter he's ever written her and that never changed. "i have to earn this one."

"yes."

"shouldn't i be making you earn something instead? you were the one who left and now i have to do the work?" she were only joking, but akaashi took her words seriously.

"i'm telling you, whateve you want, i'll give you."

"i have one thing."

"tell me."

"i want you to stay."

"i'm staying, my darling. i promise." he lifted her hand up to his mouth and began pressing kisses to her knuckles.

"pinky promise?" y/n questioned and closed her hand into fist, only keeping the pinky up. "i think that was our problem last time. we never pinky promised."

akaashi wrapped his pinky around y/n's and felt the familiar comfort it used to, still does, bring him back when they used to do it all the time. "pinky promise."

y/n smiled and relaxed back against him, resuming her word search. akaashi kept a hold of her hand and continued pressing kisses against her skin.

he started at her knuckles before moving to the back of her hand and then her palm. y/n was trying not to get distracted by his lips, but it was hard to think of anything else.

"akaashi.."

"mhm...?" he let out a hum against her palm before kissing her pinky finger as an extra promise. "just continue looking for words. don't mind me."

"hard not to mind." she said gently before trying to get her focus back on the book. akaashi found her flustered state to be cute. it used to be him in the flustered state and now he understood why she did it so much.

he moved from her hand to her shoulder, but still kept a hold on her hand. he tugged the side of her shirt down a bit and attached his lips to her shoulder, gradually moving up to her collarbone and then neck and staying on her neck for a few extra seconds.

y/n had stopped making marks on the book and was focusing on any marks akaashi was making on her. akaashi noticed her pause, but didn't stop. he trailed his lips up to her jaw and moved over her lips to her cheek.

"akaashi." she repeated and grabbed onto his hand that was resting on her waist. he let out a hum once more before using his other hand to then her head to the side by her jaw.

"we need to have these late night reading sessions more often." his lips were barely brushing against hers, so she felt every word he said.

"that depends. are you going to kiss me?"

"will we continue this late night reading sessions if i do?" he asked which meant then spending more time together at night when they go back to the city.

"i suppose so." y/n just really wanted a kiss. okay, maybe more than a kiss. she wanted multiple kisses from him.

"you suppose so?" akaashi slightly pulled his head back which made y/n sit up in protest.

"you do. you get as many kisses as you want. just kiss me now." she dropped the book to her lap and dropped the highlighter onto the bed.

"as many kisses as i want?" akaashi leaned in just to lean back out. y/n tried to kiss him first, but akaashi gently kept her down on the bed.

"as many as you want." she nodded while looking up at him, her eyes moving back and forth between his eyes and his lips.

"that does sound nice.." akaashi grinned when y/n let out a sound of complaint. "i guess i'll take that offer." he leaned down and softly pressed his lips to hers after what felt like hours of dragging it out.

his kiss was soft and gentle at first, but then y/n wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him on top of her, making him prop himself up on his forearms.

the kiss started to grow more passionate and the soft kiss turned more intimate. it was like they couldn't get enough of each other which was the truth.

"god, i missed you." he groaned. "and i love you."

"i suppose i missed you and love you too." y/n teased and making akaashi lightly bite down on her bottom lip.

"i'm really starting to hate the word "suppose" right now." he said and lowered his lips to her neck, kissing the center of her throat, feeling her physically suck in a breath.

"my bad." y/n tilted her head back to give him more room, but she should've known from his previous actions that night that he would pull back. "i take it back, i hate you."

"what did i do?" akaashi asked with a smile still on his face, making his eyes crinkle a bit in the cutest way.

"you keep pulling away from me."

akaashi lifted himself back up so their faces were barely apart. "i won't pull away from you. i like being with you. love it, actually."

"then why do you keep pulling away?"

"i like seeing you flustered." akaashi looked down at her and watched as her eyes dropped his gaze and she looked almost shy. "like that."

his hand grazed her cheek before holding the side of her face in one hand, caressing her cheek. "i love you." he said fondly.

y/n looked back at his eyes and smiled a genuine and loving smile. akaashi smiled back at her and let her lead the next kiss like she's been wanting to.

before their lips met, y/n whispered the same words that made akaashi's heart beat wildly every time.

"i love you. more than you know it."

~~~
i forgot this story was in third person for a hot minute💀