𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘈𝘫𝘢𝘹

Depuis le début

 "That kid is so sweet..." Zhongli chuckled to himself wiping his hand throughly with a towel to ridden any icing stains. Zhongli glanced over at a nearby clock, checking the time cautiously and with a purpose. "Damn it...at this rate I'm going to be late.. I need to hurry up and change so I can go get Childe and bring him to the party.." Zhongli wondered, swiftly removing his dusty apron.

Zhongli hurried into his room and dressed himself into his usual suit. He rushed out the door to go meet Childe. Childe was standing near Bubu pharmacy, looking at the lotus heads. "Childe!" he called out. The ginger haired man turned around and smiled brightly. 

 "Xiansheng!" He said, running over.  "How are you today, Childe?" Zhongli asked. "I'm doing great. Why'd you ask to meet up here?" He asked. 

 Childe was excited. It was his birthday today, and hoped Zhongli had remembered."I wanted to invite you over to my home for some tea." Zhongli spoke. 

 "I'd love to Zhongli." He said, smiling. Childe was a bit down for the fact Zhongli didn't seem to remember but he was more than happy to drink some tea with him. They talked for awhile, walking a good ways out, passing the Gold house. They reached a quaint, medium sized home.

As the two friends approached the unparticularly exiting residence, Zhongli passed a subtle smile Childe's way, and grabbed his hand suddenly. Shocked, Childe attempted to jolt his view in Zhongli's direction. Alas, it was too late, Zhongli had already pushed open the door,and shoved him inside along with him.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      As they entered the previously dark room, lights of all different colors splashed against the walls. Many of Childe and Zhongli's friends peeked from their hiding spots and shouted in unison, 

"SURPRISE!!!" In awe, Childe took a step back. This was his first surprise party, so natrually it came to him as an astoundment. Before he had any time to process anything ,Teucer approached him rapidly, and embraced him lovingly. "Big brother!! Happy birthday! I missed you a ton! " Teucer shouted.

 Childe had no idea what to think. He just hugged Teucer tightly. He then looked at the decorations. It was all so beautiful to him. All of his friends were there, and so was his younger brother. This was the best possible birthday ever. A couple of tears dropped from his eyes. Zhongli cupped the side of Childe's face, whipping away his tears.

 "Childe? Is it not to your liking? We can always-" "No, Zhongli. It's perfect..more than perfect. I cant even describe how amazing this is. I'm so happy." Childe said, smiling. Zhongli smiled and pulled him into an embrace. "I'm glad. I want this to be the best birthday you've ever had." 

 "Yeah! So no more crying! Let's get this party rolling!" Beidou yelled, pulling Childe into a sideways hug. Ningguang rolled her eyes, but she smiled. They all started to chat and play some games, eating some of the soup and just laugh. Even Xiao was laughing. 

 The cake was set down in front of Childe and the lights were dimmed. Everyone gathered around and started to sing. Childe smiled as everyone stopped singing. "Make a wish, big brother!!!" Teucer said. Childe nodded and thought before he blew out the candles.  

While Zhongli took great notice into the hesitance Childe displayed, he paid no mind to it, and chose to ignore it ultimately. "Now, Childe, do you want to do the honors?" Zhongli asked patiently. "Of course Xainsheg! " Childe announced, grabbing the knife and carving out a thick piece of cake out of the round pastry.