Secrets

They had been walking for a long time. David and Hook were ahead of her, and Snow and Emma were conversing at the front, no doubt about something that would make Lily gag. She knew they were good people but sometimes the "don't lose hope" and "everything will be okay" speeches bored her. She sometimes wished she could be more like them, wished it were simpler, that she didn't have to live in the gray area.

"You have a touch of darkness in you Lily."

She kept repeating Regina's words over in her head for some time now. She wasn't sure why they got to her. Maybe because deep down, she knew they were true. Or maybe just because she had always been more comfortable with Regina, and wished they hadn't separated. That woman had been the only stable adult figure in her life for 28 years, the entire time she babysat Henry. She wasn't soft or perfect but she was real and had always been there.

She didn't like their separate paths one bit, but Regina had also gotten it right when she had said that Lily needed to look for Baelfire. She owed it to him.

Without realizing it, they had all come to a halt and Lily had to practically dig her heels in to stop herself from smacking face first into Hook.

"The tracks lead directly into that cave." Snow said and Lily actually looked around to take in their surroundings.

Her heart dropped to her feet. She knew where they were.

"This must be where Pan is keeping Neal."

"If the cave is some sort of prison why aren't there any guards posted to stop us?" Charming wondered aloud.

"This kind of Prison doesn't require guards."

Her voice was so quiet she was surprised they even heard her. 

"The Echo Cave." Hook sighed, next to her.

"You know it?"

"All too well." Hook confirmed.

Lily let him explain, she was deep in her own head. Having shoved the memories of her last encounter with this place down so far, she was surprised at their furocity in resurfacing.

...

"Woah!" She screamed out as her feet landed on hard rock.

Pan had snatched her out of camp and transported them here. She wasn't sure where 'here' was, but all she knew was he wasn't near her. Her head whipped around. She saw him to her right, standing on a crumbling piece of rock, the only thing separating them being the fifty foot dead drop into nothing at the edge of the land she stood on.

Was he insane? That piece of rock he stood on wasn't stable; he was going to fall.

"Peter..." She asked hesitantly. "Where are we?"

"This, love, is The Echo Caves." He held his hands out as if he wasn't standing on unstable ground, and that he didn't have a care in the world.

"But you're..." She stopped.

This was Peter Pan in front of her. He always had a plan; he wasn't in any danger. Sighing, she addressed him with her usual tone of sarcasm rather than the fear her voice had previously held.

"Alright, we both know you're not in any real danger, so what is this exercise?"

Pan simply raised an eyebrow.

"That's where you're wrong, Tiger. The Echo Cave is impervious to my magic, it acts of its own accord. This rock beneath me will crumble unless..."

Her heart gave a flutter of panic, but she wasn't about to show it.

"Unless what?"

"You share with me a secret."