Confrontation

"I've missed you, Tiger."

Lily rolled in her sleep. 

"You should be on restriction. You left without permission."

Her breathing quickened. 

"Trouble is, I just can't wait to play with you."

She jolted awake, sitting up immediately. Her heart went a million miles a second and she whipped her head around. Taking in the camp, the trees... Neverland. 

Lily groaned and brought her head to her knees as she realized what had happened. Pan was in her head. Of course, he couldn't resist. It was always his favorite trick: lull her to sleep then mess with her dreams. At the time she had rather enjoyed it, and if she wasn't denying anything she couldn't say she didn't enjoy it this time. But she was denying that, because that would have meant she missed him, and that wasn't possible. She was just out of sorts, the magic in the air messed with her head. 

Accepting that she wasn't going to get back to sleep, she crossed her legs and took a deep calming breath. Then she heard it. 

The crying that echoed through the island. The crying that haunted her dreams often. She knew those boys and, while she wished it didn't, her heart still bled for them. They were captive and they didn't even know it. 

Lily didn't have time to ponder, however, because rustling came from the trees to her left and she latched her hand onto her daggers before Emma finally appeared in front of her. She visibly relaxed. 

"Sorry." Emma said, looking at her strangely. 

"Emma... what happened?" 

She looked at everyone else in camp sleeping before looking back at Lily. 

"Can you hear the crying?" She whispered, maybe because she was afraid she was crazy. 

All Lily did was nod. 

"Why can't they?" She gestured to her parents, Regina and Hook. 

Lily paused before answering. 

"They're not lost." 

Emma stared at her for a long moment. 

"I just met Pan." She seemed to be watching for Lily's reaction. 

Lily nodded again, unsurprised. 

"I guessed he'd contact you sooner or later." 

"Well, you were right," Emma sat next to her. "He likes games." She pulled out a piece of parchment. "He gave this to me, said the map to finding Henry was on it. Trouble is... it's blank." 

"Did he say anything else?" 

"Not really, he just said I was the only one who could see it." 

Lily nodded for a third time, processing. 

"You know him better than I do, Lily." Emma sounded just short of pleading. "What does he mean?" 

"I'm sorry Emma... but I just don't know."

—————