Deal

David made a painful grunting sound as both Hook and Lily pulled him to the top of the mountain.

"There we go." Lily said as she helped him sit.

Hook leaned in further towards Lily and whispered in her ear.

"Did I hear you talking with someone before you pulled us up?"

Looking up at him, she opted for full on denial mode.

"Sometimes I talk to myself, but what can I say? I'm a little nutty."

She clapped his shoulder before rounding the corner. All three of them having passed the dreamshade-laced thorn bush carefully, they stood in wait. Either Hook or Lily would have to divulge their true intentions now.

"It's either you or me." Lily said to Hook, who was still eyeing her.

"I'm not telling him a word until you tell me who you were really talking to before we met you at the top."

Lily flashed him a warning look, hoping it was enough to get him off of her ass about this. But she should have known it wouldn't have worked.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" David said through gritted teeth.

He was sweating profusely, it was clear he didn't have much left in him. 

"Nothing." Lily started to deny.

"It's not nothing, you were talking to Pan weren't you?" Hook continued.

"You what?" David yelled

"Lily, you cannot keep letting him in."

"I can handle myself Hook, thank you!"

"You were both lying all along, weren't you?" Charming pulled out his sword and pointed it at the both of them. "You both brought me here to die!"

"That's the fever talking, Charming. Put the sword down." Lily almost rolled her eyes.

"No! I never should have trusted either of you! The thief and liar with Pan's girlfriend? What was I thinking?"

Lily knew his fever had taken over and that he didn't mean it, but she couldn't help but feel a pang of hurt. She had risked everything to help them, to bring Henry home and they still doubted her.

But she didn't have the time to be hurt because David advanced with his sword to Hook's neck. She didn't think twice before she yelled.

"Peter!"

Immediately, he appeared by her side, halting the two men.

"You called, darling."

"Don't call me that." She snapped back, adrenaline coursing through her. "I need your word that if I agree to stay, you will heal David completely."

"What?!" Both Hook and David shouted.

"You have my word." Pan didn't blink when looking into her eyes.

"And that there will be no secret clauses in this game. That David will have the full ability to leave the island when we find a way."

Peter narrowed his eyes at her blatant challenge to his power.

"Lily!" David yelled. "You can't–"

But what he was about to tell her left unfinished as he groaned and hunched over with a piercing pain. The black veins that were the effects of the Dreamshade had crawled up his face. He didn't have any time left.

Lily whipped her head back around to face Peter.

"I accept your terms."

While he was technically giving her what she wanted, she couldn't push down the unease she felt at his smirk. He had another trick up his sleeve.

"Lily, you can't do this." Hook sounded like he was pleading with her.

But she couldn't acknowledge him as David had collapsed to the ground, about to die.

"Do it!" She told Pan. "Heal him!"

Peter had dropped the smirk and was full on smiling now. In his hand appeared a canteen. Lily knew it was full of the water from the falls behind him. Without thinking, she ripped it from his grasp and chugged several gulps of its contents.

Almost as soon as the refreshing water hit her throat did David wake up, gasping. Lily turned and watched the balck veins start to retreat from his face. She sighed, with some relief knowing it was done.

She was still facing David and Hook when she heard Pan's voice in her ear.

"Welcome home, Tiger."

She didn't need to turn around to know he had immediately disappeared behind her. Throwing the canteen down she took a deep breath and looked back up at the two men.

"Lily." David said in almost disbelief. "You– I... you shouldn't have done that."

"You've got a family to go back home with, Charming. I don't."

Hook looked at her with almost anguish written on his face.

"Lily..." but he couldn't quite finish.

She rolled her eyes and played it cool.

"Look, it's done. Charming is back in his 'healthy hero' condition. There's really no point talking about it." She turned and started to walk back to the mountain's edge. "Besides, we've got bigger problems. Like how are we going to get down?"

(Okay, intense, slightly dramatic chapter but hope you all are enjoying this story! I'm enjoying writing it!)