From his point of view

She was breathing shallowly, in short gasps; her face flushed, her forehead boiling to the touch. She lay in my arms, unconscious; and for a moment I felt panic rise in my throat, I was clueless. There was no one around. I didn't want to shout for help in case they got the wrong idea... that I was attempting something and she passed out. That wouldn't be the best way to start my day.

"(name)?" I called to her softly, but she didn't respond. For a second I reflected on what had happened this morning, first meeting the girl when she crashed into me on the maths corridor. She apologised like her life depended on it, but she seemed sweet, polite. Then I end up sitting next to her in maths, scaring her half to death in the process. My second meeting with her made me think she was kind, funny, energetic. We worked together for what seemed like hours, but only could have been 10 minutes; and when the bell rung, I felt my heart sink. I didn't want to leave this girl behind; she had done nothing but been kind to me since she met me, or rather, bumped into me. She wasn't like the other girls at this school, flirtatious and self-centred; insistent, loud and demanding. She was fun, loud perhaps when she wanted to be, but not enough to be irritating; seemingly perfect. And now, after escorting me to my next lesson, she lay in my arms, her hand in mine, unconscious. Great.

"N-Noiz?" She murmured, and I snapped back to reality. Her eyes were half open, but she looked like she was in pain; her sight glazed over as though she wasn't really awake. I wanted to say something, but she closed her eyes again and her breathing steadied out, indicating she had once again passed over the realm of consciousness. Sighing, I picked her up bridal style, making sure she wasn't going to slip out of my grip; that would be the last thing I wanted to do. That and someone seeing us and getting the wrong idea. And so, I carried her down the abandoned corridors, no one passing me, luckily. I kicked open the door of the nurses office, startling her so she dropped her clipboard with a clatter. There were a few unoccupied beds in the adjoining room, so without a word I pushed past her and made my way over to them; laying down the sleeping girl in my arms carefully. The nurse strode over, now intent on focusing her attention on the sick girl who magically appeared in her office, carried in by the new boy.

"What happened to her?" The nurse asked, feeling her patient's forehead with the back of her hand.

"She didn't get up to go to next lesson. I thought she was asleep, so I went to wake her up. But she was burning hot, and she wouldn't respond when I called her. She did say something, but I think she was delirious, and she passed out again."

"Thank you, that's helpful. At least I know she isn't in a coma or something terrible. Most likely fever, it's going around. No need to worry." The nurse made her way over to the sink, drenching a cloth and squeezing out the excess water; placing it delicately on the girl's forehead. The nurse glancing up at me, looking almost surprised to see I was still standing there. "Aren't you going to your next lesson?"

"No." I replied simply. The nurse looked from me to the girl, a knowing smile spreading across her face.

"Oh, I get it. So you're her boyfriend then?"

"No."

"Wannabe boyfriend?"

"N-No." I felt myself blush, and couldn't help but think of what it might be like to be her boyfriend. The nurse laughed and brushed past me, and I heard her typing something in on her computer.

"It's okay. I'll modify the register to make sure you don't get into any trouble. Take a seat, but while you're here I want you to be helpful. You can change the cloth, okay? Not too difficult I hope."

"Fine." I agreed, taking a seat on the small chair beside the bed. I didn't know how long she was going to be asleep, but I didn't want her to wake up and panic. I- I wanted to be there for her.

'What am I thinking? Why do I want to stay here, with her? Why do I care? Is it- am I...? Has she really had this effect on me, in the short time we've known each other? I guess this must be... love? Shit.'