SS Hiding in plain sight

Start from the beginning

He's like a chameleon, I've never seen anything like it. I bump into him frequently, not that he notices. Exactly how I like it, as long as I can keep myself as small as possible to never be on the radar of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, I can feel a little bit safer.

I've seen him interact with the lowest on the social hierarchy and speak with them in their vernacular as if he was one of them. I watched as he socializes with the elites of the school as if he was born to be there. I bore witness as he seduced the most beautiful girl in the school with the kindest of hearts, even if his is made of charcoal and ash. I saw him roam the halls of the ship with a dead look in his eyes like he was more machine than man.

Ryuen is a crafty, vindictive and cruel bastard. He used to scare me more than most, it goes to show how pristine the mask I've forged for myself has held up. I used to be wary of him but now I don't see him the same way. To force someone like Ryuen into submission... It was as though Ayanokouji Kiyotaka looked into his eyes and peered into his soul, found his deepest fear and showed him that he's just a mortal. That he may have the namesake of a dragon, but he may as well be a lizard raising his head to a God.

Ichinose Honami is naive, she doesn't realize. She thinks that this love that she feels for him was by accident, that it was all a perfect love story that unfolded before her very eyes and she fell for his kind and caring nature. I believe otherwise, I believe that everything that happened only unfolded the way it did because Ayanokouji Kiyotaka decided that he wanted her. If he wanted her body, I don't think I could sneeze before her panties would be hitting the floor along with every other piece of clothing on her body. He frightens me, that's how terrified I am of how he's able to blend in and get his way, time and again.

So, why am I the only one who sees this?

Am I going crazy? No one else seems to see what I see, everyone loves him. He's lazy and disinterested but everyone flocks to him. They grumble and whine and he disregards it as white noise, going about his business while everyone just accepts it. Everything falls exactly into place for him, it's incredible. Ando couldn't believe that she was found out as a VIP, she was absolutely certain that there was no way she gave any indication that anyone could have found her out.

It was insanity, we didn't even have time to analyse what had happened before every single phone chorused on the ship like a symphony of utter destruction. Every single group, in mere hours.

I was dancing with joy inside when it seemed like finally someone else had started to smell what I had caught on my own. Ando followed him, trying to piece together how on earth he had managed to do it. Then she overheard Machida talk about how Sakayanagi had figured out a key and given him the names and she dropped it like it explained everything.

I wanted to scream at her, I wanted to tear my hair out in frustration. I didn't want her to stop looking but I felt apprehensive of vocalising it. I couldn't breathe a word of my suspicions, as if Ayanokouji Kiyotaka would materialize from the shadows and turn his piercing golden eyes on me in retribution. I watched helplessly in fear as once again he pulled the wool over almost everyone's eyes with seemingly little effort.

Not everyone believes him, the small minority of people who swear up and down that Ayanokouji is a genius and a savant are drowned out by the mindless. If there is anyone in this school that shares my suspicions, I haven't met them. I can't even ask around, I'm too afraid.

The source of my ire took the seat across from me. A tea house that boasted private rooms. A karaoke room would have been cheaper but we needed to be discrete. There are a few rumors around our Class that Kanzaki and I are dating, I've done nothing to quash the whispers. Better they think that we're dating so that none of them look at what's actually happening behind the curtain.