Chapter 22

*Riann's POV*

(1 week ago)

We all gathered into the conference room and I was insanely shocked with how the six girls or women fought over this plan.

Aunt Elisa & Aunt Charity were my god-mothers.

Aunt Floe & Aunt Precious were Riley's god-mothers.

While in Kurt's situation, he got Aunt Mykaela as his God-mother.

Our God parents reflect our powers, and I'm sure Kurt will end up being the best Alpha there is, well after Riley & Derek. He's got the wolf of war for his God-mother.

"Riann!" Suddenly mom yelled to grab my attention. "What is on your mind?" She asked.

"If the Shadow Prince has just a right hand man, why don't we just barge in now?" I asked. "He's grown bigger with power and his source is Riley. While he's becoming powerful, Riley's becoming weak."

"Where are you going with this, darling?" Aunt Elisa asked.

"Riley is like electricity to the Shadow Prince's light bulb." I told them and they began to understand.

"So? If Riley's weak, he's weak but looks buff?" Aunt Floe asked.

"Yes. We can defeat him. He's not fully a shadow guys, he's pure human with the powers of his father." I mentioned.

"Riann?" Dad looked at me confused.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"You did good." He smiled.

"Thank you dad." I told him and we began planning our break in.

Everyone was extremely tired of the meeting and we ended up having dinner all together.

"So? Riann, when is the wedding with you and Drake?" Aunt Charity asked.

"Oh. We're still waiting for Riley and Derek to get married." I answered her honestly.

"That'll be long." Drake cracked a joke.

"No. I'll marry Riley as soon as she gets out of that dungeon." Derek said and left the table. I felt sorry for him, Drake shouldn't have said such joke.

Frankie and Robby are coming home from their traveling of Greece and Europe tomorrow, Frankie freaked when she found out what happened to Riley. She was pissed off too because her mate didn't tell her anything on the trip.

When dinner ended, Drake and I headed upstairs to rest.

As I was getting ready to tuck myself in, Drake suddenly chuckled. He was reading his stupid book again and it only irritated me now.

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" I yelled at him. He looked at me shocked and his mouth was wide open.

"Babe? Are you alright?" He asked.

"NO! How could you do that to your brother?! You know it was a sensitive topic!!" I yelled again.

"You don't think this is hard for me? Do you even know how hard it is to sleep next to your mate that has her heat going on? I can't touch you! You won't let me! You've controlled your heat for years making you.." He paused.

"What?! Making me what?" I asked.

"Making you numb." He said and left the room. I was numb? He was blind!

I was so self-conscious. I've been that way since high school. I've been hating how I looked. How I couldn't look good in clothes that didn't fit my personality. And then in came Riley, the girl that looked exactly like me but dressed opposite of how I did. She looked stunning, but I, I looked weird.

I'll let Drake sleep out for a while. He's tired and worried.

Minutes later, standing up, I walked out my room and went to check up on Drake.

He wasn't on the couch, nor was he in the kitchen. I went to his office and his brother's. I went to the rooftop and nothing. He wasn't even around the places he would hide at.

I began to worry.

Walking down the corridor. I heard someone in Prince Erick Dane's room.

"Hey little one. I'm your uncle. Uncle Drake. You're lucky. Your dad is gonna be the king soon, I just hope your step-mom could come home already." Drake was holding his nephew in his arms and rocking the chair.

"I miss my best friend. She would seem so harsh and mean on the outside but she's soft and sensitive. We always had to control her emotions when we were teenagers. She ruined days and night because of her bad temper." Drake chuckled. "I hope you can be nice to her when you age. She wants you, but she finds it hard to accept the fact that her mate has a baby. She's been in the infant section at the library, making a mess and reading books on how to handle Alpha babies or babies in general." Drake sighed. I was about to cry then Drake mentioned something so shocking.

"Would it be wrong if I wished Riann was the same? Search and reading on how to take care of a child. I know I shouldn't, she's perfect as she is. I sometimes think I don't deserve her, she's so innocent and shy and things I'm not. I don't deserve someone as humble as she is." He sighed and kissed his nephew's forehead.

"Can I sleep here for tonight little man?" He asked and I frowned.

"I think your snoring would wake him up." Opening the door, Drake stared at me.

"Did you hear anything?" He asked and I shook my head. "Tell the truth." He asked again and I nodded. He huffed and kinda changed into scarlet red.

"Don't be shy." I giggled. "Come on. Stay with me." I poured and grabbed his arm. "Spoon me." Drake chuckled and put Prince Erick back in his bed.

"Let's go." He laughed and we both ran to our room after calling back the nanny. "I'm sorry." Drake mentioned as we entered the room.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't know you felt that way. And I wish I didn't feel so insecure around you." Drake hugged me and cuddled with me.

He made me feel beautiful and as if all problems didn't matter.

He made me feel comfortable in the most possible ways.

He understood everything about me.

He was truly my other half.

My mate.

My one and only.