16

you woke up the next morning at 8:21am - the early night resulting you to wake up at a decent time this morning.

you look over to the empty space next to you - rocco being absent once again.

you got out of bed and did your usual morning routine before making your way downstairs, the baggy pyjamas still on your body. after last night you didn't feel obliged to wear clothing just to show yourself off. ghost now knew what your top half looked like so you didn't need to flaunt it.

you stepped into the living room and caught sight of rocco and ghost cuddled up together on the sofa. "oh wow," you mumbled. "so he won't cuddle me but he'll cuddle the dog." you were thinking out loud, assuming ghost was asleep.

"i am awake, sweetheart," ghost announced, propping his head up. "and i aren't cuddling him, he's cuddling me." he protested.

"if you say so," you snorted, making your way over to the pair. you sat yourself down next to them. "i actually slept like a log last night you know..."

"i think you slept for  about twenty hours yesterday," ghost said, rolling his eyes. he moved rocco to the side a little so he could sit up right. "i have to go for a bit, sweetheart. i'll be honest ... i didn't think i'd still be here so i only packed a nights worth of clothes with me - but i'll be back tonight. i also have a few errands to run - but it shouldn't take too long."

"you're going back to manchester?" you asked, surprised that he'd travel back to manchester to then come back up here again. that was hours worth of travelling.

"not like i have anything else to do," ghost said. "you look sexy in baggy clothes. i'll have to lend you a few of my tops won't i."

you were again surprised. "i'd like that ... so i'll see you tonight? would you like me to make something nice for tea?" you asked him.

"if you want to - but don't go out of your way just for me, sweetheart. i have someone to pick me up and drop me back off later on but i'll message you this time and keep you in the loop." ghost said, getting up from his spot. he leant down to you on the couch and lifted his mask up giving you a soft kiss on your cheek. "he'll be here any second. i'm glad i got to see you before i left." he said before putting his mask back down.

"so am i," you said. you put your arms around his neck and pulled him closer to you. "and i don't want to pry .. but you said you don't kiss?"

"on the lips, sweetheart," ghost said as he put his hands on your sides. "i'd kiss every other inch of you though."

you nodded at him and stared into his eyes. you wanted to do nothing more but take off his mask and kiss his lips.. but you wouldn't dare touch his mask at all let alone attempt to take it off.

you both stayed like that for a moment, just staring into each other's eyes before ghost's phone started to buzz. "that'll be the driver," ghost said, backing away from you. he grabbed a cameo coloured backpack and threw it over his shoulder. you didn't even know he brung a backpack with him... proves how tired you must've been when arrived the other night. "i'll see you tonight, sugar tits."

you snorted at the nickname and watched as he gave you a small nod and made his way to the front door.

"promise me you'll be back?" you ask, quickly getting up and going after him before he had a chance to exit.

"i don't do promises, sweetheart," ghost says, turning back to you. "but you will see me later on. i won't let you down."

he gave your bum a gentle squeeze before letting himself out - shutting the door behind him.

"bye, ghost.." you whispered to yourself, staring at the closed door in front of you.

rocco appeared next to you and he let out a quiet whine. "oh really?" you said, looking down at the pup. "least you've been cuddling with him, rocco!" you laughed, kneeling down so you could wrap your arms around him. "it's weird having another man around the house isn't it?" the dog just wagged his tail and licked your cheek, making you pull a face.

"he'll be back, rocco. i'm sure of it."

-
so ghost didn't go up during the night.. he's a tough cookie👹

do you guys prefer shorter chapters where i can upload them more regularly or would you prefer bigger chapters that are like 5k+ words long .. up to you guys?❤️‍🔥

any feedback welcome xo