Endless Land of Green Grass

"OUR TARGET IS LOCATED INSIDE A SHIPWRECK 450 PEDS STRAIGHT BELOW US!" The head salvager shouted to his crew. "ITS TOO DANGEROUS TO EXPLORE WHILE ITS BELOW SEA LEVEL, SO WE SPLIT INTO TEAMS AND ATTACH FLOATATION DEVICES AND THE MAELSTROM'S CRANE TO LIFT THE WRECK TO THE SURFACE!"

"Our target is inside the shipwreck?" Rex asked.

"Yes. Nearly smack in the middle of the boat, too. Our employers have insisted that they will handle the exploration of the inside, so all we have to do is get the wreck above sea level. IS THAT CLEAR!?"

"YES SIR!" The salvager's shouted.

"Good." The head salvager put his helmet on. "THEN GET INTO POSITION!"

The salvagers left to the submerge dock while the Maelstrom lowered its crane into the clouds. "AND SUBMERGE!" Rex and the other salvagers dove into the Cloud Sea.

...

Rex attached his floatation device to the hull of the boat and prepped it to expand. Waving to the salvagers nearby, he waited to get the signal back before he backed off to avoid being in the way of the boat. The floatation devices expanded, and the ancient shipwreck slowly began to surface. Satisfied with his work, Rex swam to the surface.

...

"Nice work! You aren't half bad, y'know?" Nia said, hopping into the ship from the Maelstrom.

"This is my living, remember?" Rex said. He lost focus as Jin and Malos were talking with the head salvager.

"You lot are good to head in whenever."

"Perfect. Thank you." Jin said, as he and Malos made their way to the door. He paused, and turned to Rex and Nia. "Rex, was it? You're with us."

"Me?" Rex said.

"You're bringing Rex along, Jin?" Nia asked, getting a little teasing smile on her face. "Are you getting attached?"

"No." Malos said. "He just thinks you need all the help you can get."

"Oi, you..." Nia started, but Malos just cackled and walked away, Jin following behind him. Nia scoffed before turning to Rex.

"Well? Don't just stand there, let's go." She said before pursuing Jin and Malos. Rex sighed, before he hurried to catch up.

As they drew closer to the door, it burst open, and a Lysaat burst out, knocking a poor salvager overboard. "Aw hell, that was Garrem." Rex said, drawing his sword.

"Disgusting thing, ain't it?" Nia said.

"Don't worry about this." Malos said. "Jin?" Malos turned behind him, but Jin was no linger there. He was standing above the Lysaat, his katana stabbed into the bugs head. "See? Nothing to worry about." Malos said, sauntering into the ship after Jin.

"When did he get there?" Rex asked.

"Hey brats!" Malos yelled. "Let's go already."

"Talk about self-important." Nia said, visibly annoyed by Malos' rudeness.

"I learned early to respect my elders." Rex said.

"Elders?" Nia asked, before laughing along with Rex. They hurried into the ship.

...

The eerie ship really didn't help Rex's nerves. The abundance of bugs and aquatic creatures inside poses an obstacle, and the weak infrastructure of the ship certainly didn't help.

"This piece of shit is pretty much falling apart." Malos said.

"Don't worry. Just be careful." Jin said, keeping pace. They worked their way through the boat until they reached a door  with a crest depicting a flame on it.