Chapter 19: Afternoon

Start from the beginning

"That's great, y/n, I'm glad you seem to have found something you like." She says and nudges my shoulder a little. I smile at her in thanks.

"Have you heard about the party?" I change the topic, the other three still occupied talking about processors or something like that.

"I did and it sounds pretty cool. I'm not a 100% sure if I'll go though, I have to see if I'm in the right mood." She shrugs and I nod, makes sense.

"Your boyfriend was worried they'll set the party in the labs." I tell her and she looks over at Peter, her eyes softening a bit and for a moment I wish I could have such an open relationship with Natasha, where we just sit somewhere with friends and don't have to care about who sees us.

"He's pretty into our project, it's pretty cute. But I highly doubt they will set it in the labs, probably more like the bigger classrooms in your side of the building." She thinks out loud and I hum in agreement.

On my side, the classrooms really are bigger and also better for parties, since the ones in the science and IT wing are mainly lecture halls and have this step-layer-lay-out, while mine are all flat and you can easily push the tables to the side and create space in the middle for whatever purpose.

"Are you going?" She asks and I purse my lips in thought.

"Yes, we are." Yelena chips in.
I didn't even realize she was listening to our conversation because she was still talking to Ned and Peter. She grins at me.
"I don't get a say in this?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Nope. I wanna go to a good party again and we haven't gone out since this semester started. It's gonna be fun." She says and I chuckle and gesture towards her, looking at MJ.

"Looks like I'm going." I say and she snickers. Yelena grins and returns to her conversation about computer stuff. I shake my head a little with a smile at her action.

"I'll let you know if I'm gonna be there as well." MJ says and I nod.

Slowly but surely, the nerd conversation ends and we talk in a group now before deciding to head to the pool table. Honestly, this common room kind of thing, they tried it out last semester, was a great idea. It's really comfortable here and you have multiple options on what you wanna do.

Sadly or luckily, depends on how you see it, not a lot of students caught onto this yet, so it's not too crowded and full. We split up into two groups at the pool table.
Peter and I against Yelena, MJ and Ned. Neither of us is really good at this, so it takes a while but it's a lot of fun and we laugh when Ned has to ditch the que when it's Yelena's turn.

Peter and I win and MJ gives him a kiss as a prize, they are pretty adorable.
We split up again because Yelena and I have practice. It's pretty exhausting today and afterwards, I am glad to take a quick shower and get into fresh clothes before we walk home.
My legs feel a little like jelly from all the running around and the exercises we did.
Call it leg-day or whatever but it for sure is exhausting.

Back at our apartment, I fall face first onto the sofa, not ready to get up anytime soon. Yelena picks my legs up to sit down as well, just as exhausted as I am. I turn around to lay on my back and push a pillow under my head.

"So, we're going to the party this weekend?" I ask and she nods before looking at me.

"I'm sure it'll be fun. We can talk to the others and dance together, just like in the old days."

I laugh. "We were 15 back then and I'm not sure if I would call it dancing. And if I remember correctly, that one time you-" I am cut off by her hand on my mouth and grin when I see her blush a little.