chapter 26 ➸ do it again

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for coming out, guys!" Lauren raised her hand in the air once the show was done. Camila practically stormed off the stage, knowing Lauren was speaking specifically to Zayn. What did she even see in him?

After changing out of her stage clothes and into something more comfortable, Camila sat down on the couch in her dressing room and scrolled through everyone's tweets from that night. A few minutes later, there was a knock at the door.

"C'mon, Mila, we're all walking back to the bus," Dinah's voice appeared through a crack in the door. Camila bit her lip nervously, but decided not to protest. She grabbed her bag and slipped out into the hallway, coming face to face with everyone but Lauren.

"Where's Lauren?" Camila glanced down the hallway worriedly.

"She went out to dinner with Zayn," Ally nodded once, starting to walk down the hallway. Camila followed the other girls, dragging her feet behind them. The last thing she needed was for them to start talking about Lauren.

"Why was he even here?" Dinah asked, unaware of Camila's boiling jealousy behind them. She'd gotten even better at hiding her true emotions since they'd started this tour.

Normani shoved Dinah and nodded back to Camila, glaring at the Polynesian girl. The action didn't go unnoticed by Camila, but thankfully they'd already made their way back to the bus.

"Thank you for dinner," Lauren smiled softly, standing outside the bus where Zayn had walked her to. "And thanks for coming to the show."

"I wanted to see you perform," Zayn shrugged. "You're even better in person."

Blushing, Lauren looked down at the ground and bit her lip. "I, uh, thanks," she looked back up, noticing his eyes darting down to her lips, almost asking for permission.

"I better get going," Lauren said quickly, grabbing the handle of the bus door. "Or else the girls are gonna come out her and bombard you."

"Oh, yeah," Zayn cleared his throat and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll text you later."

"Later," Lauren nodded once. They exchanged awkward goodbyes, both aware of the fact that Lauren had just avoided a goodnight kiss. Sighing heavily, the green eyed girl slipped back into the bus.

By the looks of it, everyone else was already asleep. She kicked off her shoes and walked over to her bunk. Her eyes narrowed when she drew the curtain aside.

"I need to call security," she mumbled, looking down at her trashed bunk. The sheets were torn off the mattress; her things were thrown in every direction, as if a tornado had torn through the bus.

Pulling out her phone, she dialed Big Rob's number, but was stopped when a figured nearly tackled her to the ground, hitting the 'end' button on the call.

"Please don't," Camila's raspy voice appeared moments later. Lauren yanked her phone out of the smaller girl's hands and gave her a questioning look.

"I-I..." Camila was breathing heavily. She looked back and forth from Lauren to the bed and squeezed her eyes shut. "I couldn't find my journal and I... I thought maybe... maybe you..."

"Maybe I took it?" Lauren narrowed her eyes. Camila nodded hesitantly. Groaning, Lauren tore the sheets off of her bed and pushed Camila aside, attempting to clean up what the smaller girl had done.

"Stay out of my business next time," Lauren huffed, tugging the end of the white sheet and struggling to pull it over the end of the mattress.

"You didn't stay out of mine," Camila snapped back before she could stop herself. Lauren's hands froze and she whipped her head around. The smaller girl cowered backwards. Lauren noticed the repetitive motion of Camila's hands, realizing the brown eyes girl was snapping her hair tie against her wrist.