Chapter Ten - Let The Party Begin

Start from the beginning

"But we were going to play a game." She pouted.

"Yeah." I laughed, "I don't want to play that game. Not with them." I added, my eyes flickering to Luke's. He was still staring at us still but his arm was removed from Jess's shoulders and standing about a foot away from her. It pleased me.

"Rosaline!" Rex greeted us as I pulled Evie into the back yard, "Come over her babe."

I sighed and dropped Evie's arm, making my way to Rex's side. "Hey Rex."

"Isn't she great?" Rex pulled me onto his lap, I instantly smelled the alcohol on his breath and cringed. "And she's mine." He growled.

"Rex." I scowled as his grip tightened around my waist. "Let me go."

I struggled to stand up and he laughed, "Don't leave Rose, I love you."

Stiffening I turned to look at him, "Why?" I muttered.

Anger gripped my core and I knew then that Lucas was watching. Rex took my face in his hands and kissed my lips. I mustered all the strength I could and shoved him away. "Don't touch me." I whispered, tears threatening to spill over. The memories of Logan rushing back into my head.

Pushing thru the crowd of people I made my way upstairs and into the bathroom. I wasn't going to break down in front of everyone, I refused. Locking the door behind me I began to pace, the guilt and pain washing over my body. Pulling at my hair I let out a scream in agony, the feeling of Logan forcing himself on me resonated in my stomach.

I knew no one heard me and no one cared, they were all too drunk to know anything.

A moment later a pounding on the door started. My heart raced as I covered my mouth with my hand to stop myself from making a noise. Maybe they weren't all drunk.

"Rosie." His voice was pained and that caused my heart to hurt. I quickly opened the door and he wrapped me in his arms, shutting the door with his foot as he made his way into the room. "Are you okay?"

"No." I sobbed and buried my face in his chest. His body was shaking and I held him tighter.

His fingers brushed my hair comfortingly and I felt his lips brush my skin. I slightly pulled away from his chest and looked up at him from under my lashes. Our eyes were locked, one of his arms were around my waist and the other made its way to my cheek. His fingertips were light as they brushed over my skin, tingling spread deep within me causing me to shiver.

We were moving closer together, slowly. And soon enough my breathing was mixed with his. His hand cupped my cheek softly as he pulled my face closer to him. Butterflies filled my stomach when his lips gently brushed my own.

"Luke." I pleaded. I know that Rex just kiss me, I know that Logan's awfulness was just full force and that I was having a breakdown but I've never wanted anything as much as I wanted Luke in this moment.

"Shh." He whispered, his lips vibrating against mine.

Finally our lips meet and moved in perfect sync. Everything about this moment was perfect.

__________

Waking up my neck was stiff and my back hurt. Groaning I rolled over, I heard a sigh from next to me and I stiffened as arms grabbed me tighter. Lucas' scent filled my nose and I relaxed, enjoying the moment.

"Rose?" I heard my name being called from the other side of the door and out the window.

My eyes fluttered open and I took a moment to study Lucas' peaceful face. He was adorable. The memories from last night flooded back to me and I smiled. Lucas was nice, we talked, we laughed, we learned things about each other and I started to see how we were compatible.