Simula

The full streets of Manila seemed disorganized. I glance at my phone and saw the time. It had been two hours, yet we were still on the road. Mom was driving me to my condominium in Malate. It would be the place I'd stay in for college. It was near my school too, very convenient.

When the car finally halted, Mommy and I put my things in front of the door of the lobby of the condominium. Then, she gave me my allowance.

"Will that be enough for one week?"

I nod at my mother's question as I put the money in my wallet.

"Just tell me if you need more, I can put some in your account."

"Okay, Mommy."

She turned her back on me and walked away, not even giving me a goodbye hug. I sighed and turned around. I tilt my head to see the building's tagline just above the entrance.

Your comfort, our focus.

This would be my home for the months to come. It had good amenities. The comfort when I went and looked at my unit before was great. Maayos din ang staff.

This is truly it. Time to execute my plan of being the batch's valedictorian. Four years.

I went inside the condo and was greeted by the guard. Some employees helped me bring the three suitcases I had to my unit. I had plenty of clothes that I wanted to bring. It was because I was only going home during long breaks and summers. My parents told me to just stay here during weekends so that the payment wouldn't go to waste. I wanted to argue and tell them I'd like to see them on Sundays at least but decided otherwise. It was obvious they didn't like me being around that much because I didn't bring brilliance to the house.

Soon, I will.

When I arrived at my room, I thanked the staff who put my suitcases and bag inside. The furniture here was picked by me because my parents didn't give much attention to my decisions when it came to those things. They just told me to watch what I bought. It should be practical and worth the price. Of course, I still consulted with them about the stuff that I chose from Urban Concepts. They didn't say anything, so I knew I didn't choose anything bad.

It was a Friday today, and the coming Monday was my first day! Well, technically, it was orientation day. Nakapili na ako ng susuotin ko nga for that day, e. I chose it while I was still in our house in Parañaque. I wanted to look pretty because it was going to be a fun and special day! Duh! It was going to be my first day of college!

I took out my clothes and placed them in my closet. Good thing I also included hangers when I bought the furniture. My dresses and skirts were properly hung while my shirts and tops were neatly folded.

It was nighttime when I finished because as I said, I had a lot of clothes. I ordered food on Grab for my dinner because I didn't want to eat noodles for dinner. I was starving and craving pizza.

After less than an hour, I went to the lobby and received my box of pizza with chicken and pasta. Watching the House of Dragon, I ate at my white dining table. Then, when I was drinking Coke, my best friend called via video call. I answered it.

"How's miss independent doing?" she asked while putting on her face mask.

"Fine, I fixed my stuff na. Tomorrow I'm going to UPTC, you want to go with me?"

"That's so far from your place,"

"E, I want to shop there. The nearest mall here is crowded, Mommy and I once checked it out. Not my cup of tea, plus there's something in UPTC that other malls don't which I want."