The Beautiful Christmas

"Wake up, Naomi! It's' Christmas!" my sister screamed from the kitchen.

I wasn't ready to wake up. Not when the sun is yet to rise. Not when Mr. Stuart is still to start his cafe. Not when my boyfriend, I mean my ex-boyfriend is yet to message me, telling me that he has changed his mind and doesn't want me to be alone this Christmas.

The first thing I did was see my messages.

Nothing.

I thought he would be asking me to come back. But nothing.

As usual.

We have fought many times and every time he did that, he would come back the very next day. And I, like a stupid girl would let him in.

"Coffee is ready!" my sister screamed again.

I slid my feet into fluffy slippers that Isa bought for me on my 25th birthday.

I walked towards the window and saw the whole street busting with life. People were running all over the place in their heavy coats and coffee in one hand while newspapers in another.

Nashville started quite early today.

The decorations from my birthday party were still all over the place. It has been three days since we both were busy with our work.

"Here is one for you."

"It's not coffee, Isa."

"It's Cappuccino. I thought you would need it."

"Because I broke up with my boyfriend?"

She shook her head. "Because you are now free from that as****".

"You never liked him." I looked down. There were some leftover cookies for us.

"Yeah, but I do like our new newspaper boy."

I stopped. Hearing Arthur's name gave me goosebumps. I have been seeing him for a very long time. I met him the first time when I was waiting for my bus. I met yet another time when he had an ugly fight with his Cruella-like girlfriend. He always falls for the wrong girl! I always wanted him to ask me out but he never did. Because I was already in a relationship.

"You know, whenever he comes, he always asks for water. He waits in the living room always looking around. He is cute and we know him really well. The way he helped us out during your birthday, don't you think he is extra nice to us?"

I looked at my sister and seeing that devil smile, I could say something fishy was going on in her mind.

"You already have a boyfriend," I reminded her.

"I am not saying this for myself, dear."