Chapter 6: Test Time

Start from the beginning

"As teachers, he's our boss."

Koro-Sensei freaked out and quickly rushed to the principal's side, leaving Kanna standing alone in shock. The octopus prepared some green tea, rubbed his shoulders, and held out a box of snacks, "My, my--you've come all this way (knead knead)!" Nagisa passed by his begging teacher, "Say, might I receive a little bump in my salary?"

"Koro-Sense's Weak Point #6: Subservient to higher-ups"

Principal Asano looked back at the octopus, "I must apologize. I'd meant to come pay my respects," he stood up staring at Koro-Sensei dead in the eye, "The Ministry of Defense and Karasuma-san have told me all about you. I can't claim to understand everything, but...How very sad you are. Looking to become the savior of the world, only to fall into the role of the great villain who would destroy it," Nagisa evesdropped on their conversation.

Savior? Villain?

"But let's set that aside for now. Struggle as I might, I cannot hope to save the planet from its crisis. Barring the unexpected, I'll stay out of your assassination altogether," the principal walked up to Karasuma and whispered in his ear, "You've certainly paid me enough."

"That will be helpful."

"Well, aren't you rational! I do like a rational man," Irina flirted.

Asano bowed his head, "I'm honored. However...As principal, I must consider what's in store next year and beyond, should the Earth survive," he sat on the windowsill, "In other words, if someone does happen to kill you, what is this school's future? Frankly, we need the E Class to remain as it is."

Koro-Sensei, though still smiling, had a blank expression, "As it is? You mean, with rock-bottom grades and treatment, like now?"

"Yes. Are you familiar with the worker ant principal?"

"The theory...", Kanna muttered behind Karasuma's leg, "The theory is worker ants are divided 20%, 60%, and 20%. 20% are hard workers, 60% are normal workers, and 20% are lazy workers."

Asano smiled and clapped his hands, "Well done. What a bright young girl," he turned to Koro-Sensei with a dark expression, "My goal is a group with 5 percent slackers and 95 percent hard workers. "I don't want to be like the E Class.", "I don't want to be in the E Class." With 95 percent of students thus determined, my ideal ratio is attainable."

"...I see. How logical. Then the 5 percent in the E Class must be kept weak and pitiful."

"I received a complaint from the D Class teacher today: A student from E Class glared at one of my students and threatened to kill him," Nagisa sweat at the over exaggerated complaint, "I'm sure the glare is part and parcel of the whole assassination thing. And that's fine. The problem lies in a student with rock-bottom grades defying a regular one. Under my policies, that cannot stand."

Karasuma stared at the principal as he began walking out of the staff room, "Please tell him in no uncertain terms to control himself. Oh, and--Koro-Sensei? You have one second. Solve this," Principal Asano threw a metal puzzle at the octopus, who began freaking out.

"What? Just like that?!", one second later, his tentacles were knotted together, his head stuck inside the metal puzzle, as he chewed on one of his tentacles.

What the hell is this?! Nagisa questioned.

"Koro-Sensei's Weak Point #7: Metal ring puzzles freak him out"

"Your amazing speed lives up to the hype. No doubt you can dodge any attempt on your life," Koro-Sensei laid on the ground, exhausted, "But you know, Koro-Sensei...There are some problems speed can't solve," Before the principal left, he looked at Kanna, "You are quite intelligent, Kanna, I cannot wait to see how much you can achieve," he reached out a hand to pet Kanna's head. The girl moved further away, clutching Karasuma's pants, as her uncle placed a hand in front of her. Principal Asano just smiled, " If you'll excuse me," he continued walking out the door, Nagisa noticed and hid on the side of the wall.