Shattered Glass

Hehehe . . . lets see how sad can I make it-

Macaque smiled as he watched the small group of people start to slide out of his theatre after he completed his show. It had been months since the Lady Bone Demon's attack, and things we're starting to get better between Macaque and Mk's friends. They were on neutral terms, so at least it meant no more fights every time he visited the group at the old pig's shop. It also meant free meals if he was careful, so that was a bonus.

Though the shadow monkey found that scholar to be quite irritating during his meals . . .

He smiled when a child ran up to the stage. He bent down, and reached his hand out to the young human, curious to see what would happen. Macaque saw the boy smile brightly at him and placed two small candies in his hand. "Thank 'fyou!" The boy grinned widely, and revealed two missing front teeth to the shadow monkey. Macaque chuckled at his innocence and nodded in acceptance. He stood up, and watched the child run back to his mother at the doors and leaving the theatre with her. Macaque smiled and placed the sweet treats in his pocket.

He pulled his hoodie off and took a deep breath. He dropped his glamours and ran a hand through his messy, discolored hair. Now that he was alone, and there was still a few hours of daylight left, maybe he could visit the kid after a warm bath. His ears twitched and he hummed as he walked off the stage while listening to a familiar heartbeat-

Macaque stiffened, and his ears twitched again. He heard a familiar heartbeat.

No, he could hear a familiar heartbeat.

And it was still beating close by.

"I see you've found a place to share your acting skills," A smooth, yet rough voice echoed through the halls, and Macaque regretted feeling so relaxed. "Though, of course, they're not as good as mine if they can't be used in movies-"

"Wukong," Macaque pulled up his glamours and glared at a small shadow in the corner. "Get. Out." He snarled. "Now."

Amongst all of Mk's friends, Macaque was sure the Great Sage was the only one he would never get along with ever again after what had happened to them in the past. Seeing him now, he knew there was no doubt between them.

Wukong sighed and moved closer to the stage. "Yeah, I'd love to do that," He raised his hands in defense. "Really! But uh, the kids outside and I can't leave without . . . talking to you."

Macaque scoffed and started walking to the back of the stage, where the dressing rooms were, and where the shadow monkey could make his escape. "Yeah right, talk. Like you'd ever have the patience to talk to me."

Wukong stood there in shock, before growling and stomping after him. "The hell does that mean?! You're the one running from here, not me!"

Macaque stopped again as he felt his face bloom with anger. He turned around and glared at the king. "Bullshit! We both know who's the coward here and it's not me!"

"Oh yeah?" Wukong growled back and leaned closer. "Then what are you?!"

"I don't know, why don't you figure that out yourself?" Macaque smiled sadistically. "But if my memory holds, I think your 'friends' used to see me as the 'Monkey King, Great Sage Equal to Hea-"

He didn't finish his sentence as he dodged a fist from Wukong. The golden monkey grew angrier and tried to strike again. "Shut up! Don't bring them into this!"

"Why not?" Macaque summoned his staff tried to hit Wukong's side once he ducked. The king noticed, and jumped out of the way, fueling Macaque's own anger. "After all, we're the same fucking person, aren't we?!"