🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻

Start from the beginning

"Try a monkey's

"Try a monkey's." Cassie retorts, making me snigger. But Rapunzel walks over to her and Eugene to end their argument.. as always.

"Okay. Okay, everyone, let's take a deep, calming, cleansing breath." Rapunzel tells Cassandra and Eugene, then demonstrates by inhaling and exhaling. I copy by taking a deep breath, too.

Then, Eugene turns to Cassie. "To be fair, I asked several times if I could use that thing." He recalls. "And I said no, every time." Cassie reminds him, in an obvious tone. "Which shouldn't matter, because we both know I don't listen to you." Eugene reminds her, proudly crossing his arms.

"Guys, come on. This is ridiculous." Rapunzel tells Cassie and Eugene, and I nod. "It is, honestly. Your arguments used to be funny. They're just really annoying, now." I recall, crossing my arms.

"Y/n!" Rapunzel scolds, turning to me. "Not helping, got it. I'm sorry." I apologise, glancing down in defeat and keeping my hands behind my back.

"Eugene, a halberd should only be handled by a skilled warrior." Cassandra points out. "Hello! Skilled warrior! You forgot Flynn Rider has handled plenty of weapons." Eugene boasts, confidently. He begins to show off his talents as a 'skilled warrior', by breaking Daddy's one of a kind vase. Oops.

"Ha! Way to go, Eugene." Cassie taunts. "That.. that's a faulty halberd right there." Eugene lies.

"Let's not panic! I mean, it is-" Rapunzel replies, nervously. "Was our dad's favorite irreplaceable one of a kind, most favorite vase." I point out.

"Hey, I have an idea, Eugene. Why not just steal him another one?" Cassandra suggests, with a forced smile. Then she pauses, drops the innocent facade and and glares at Eugene. "Oh! Oh, wait, wait. You can't! This is a one of a kind vase." She snaps.

Eugene just chuckles, unfazed. "Of course you would pronounce it 'vahz', Cassandra." He taunts.

"Yeah, yeah, 'vayce', 'vahz'. Either way, it'll be the first thing the king sees when he sits down for dinner tonight, or doesn't see." Cassie points out.

"You just love making me look like an idiot in front of the king, don't ya?" Eugene asks Cassie. "Nope, you do a perfect job of that all on your own."

"Thank you." Eugene replies, not getting the insult. "Wait a minute!" He says, now getting the insult.

[A Few Minutes Later]
"I can't take it anymore, Y/n. I mean, why can't Cass and Eugene just get along? They're both caring, supportive, very considerate people.." Rapunzel says, as we sweep up the vase pieces. "..who somehow got us to clean up their mess." I point out. Not that either of us mind, of course.

"I bet they would be great friends if they just stopped fighting long enough to spend some quality time together." Rapunzel tells me.

I nod, in agreement. "I can see that making sense. It certainly worked for Varian and Ruddiger." I recall.