𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗞𝗲𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗼

Start from the beginning

As I hung up, it me.

I missed him.

It's been weeks now since I last seen him. I've never been away from Julian for this long.

Tears began to well up in my eyes.

"Andrew!" I heard Mike call me by his nickname for me. I immediately pushed to tears back as Mike walked into the living room.

"What's up?" I said, putting on a smile.

"Can I talk to you about something?" He asked.

"Sure."

"So, I wanna go ring shopping for Lauren and I want you, Alex, and Jenni to come with me." Mike told me

"Why?"

"Well, Alex is engaged, and you and Jenni by far the most responsible people in the house." Mike replied with a smile.

"Well then, I'd love to help you." I said, matching his smile. He gave me a quick hug and kiss on the cheek, thanking me before walking off.

• • •

I thought I was feeling better but then I started to look at the pictures of Julian that were on my desk. I was my bedroom by myself as Pauly was downstairs working out.

"Hey, Andi, do you have-" Nicole stopped when she noticed my face. "What's wrong, boo?"

"Nothing," I immediately lied. But she gave me a look that told me
that she didn't believe it. "I just miss Julian."

"Aww, I know how you feel." Nicole said, bringing me into a hug.

We stayed like that for a few moments and when we pulled away, I saw tears slipping out of Nicole's eyes.

"What's wrong?" I quickly asked her.

"This is making realize how much I miss my kids." Nicole replied, wiping her tears away.

I gave her a sad smile before hugging her again. This hug was longer, and that point, we were both in tears.

Finally, Nicole pulled away and said, "We need something to cheer us up."

"Please don't suggest going to a bar. I'm not in the mood for that." I told her.

"I wasn't going to say that!" Nicole interjected. I gave her a look. "Okay, I was!" Her and I laughed.

Across the hall, we see Alex — in his and Vinny's shared room — about to throw some things away.

"Al, what's that you're about to throw away?" Nicole asked him abruptly

"Huh?" He looked up, "Oh, it's a coupon for an ice cream place in town. I don't plan on using it so I'm throwing it away."

"No!" Nicole shouted, causing Alex to look at her in confusion. "Give it to me." She pretty much demanded.

He looked even more confused but he handed her the coupon.

"It's called The Frieze." Nicole said, pronouncing it terribly.

Alex chuckled in amusement, "It's pronounced like 'freeze."

"Whatever." Nicole shrugged. "We should go there.

"Now?" Alex questioned.

"Yeah. Andi and I miss our kids and we need something to cheer us up! So let's go!" Nicole said, snapping her fingers.

"God, you're demanding. I would hate to be Jionni." Alex said, adding a laugh to that last part. Nicole gasped before hitting him on the arm.

Then, the three of us left the house and piled into the Escalade — with Alex driving, me on the passenger side, and Nicole in the back.