chapter 12 - christmas '88

"Good morning" you were so shy to see all the family having breakfast, so many unfamiliar faces.

"Morning, this is magno, she's our maid for the weekend" kitty introduce you to menendez relatives.

"nice to meet you all" you said and head to the kitchen. You were preping meal in the kitchen when a mid age woman approach you, "thank you for your help magno, i'm martha cano" she introduce her self while bringing all the plate to the dining table.

Erik walking towards you, "magno, come with me" he hold your hand and drag you along. You saw everybody gathered in the living room except jose and Mr. Cano, they were talking and smoking cigar in the study room. Kitty is decorating the grande christmas tree with the cano girls while aunt martha arranging all the presents underneath the tree.

"Hi, i'm andy" a handsome young man greet you with a gentle smile on his face, he look like same as your age.

"Hi" you smile back to him.

You end up helping the family preparing for christmas, cano family were very welcoming and warm, you just met them but it feels like you know them better than the menendez. You getting along with the cano girls easily, from arranging flowers and christmas ornaments to put all over the house until preparing the special meal for the feast tonight.

Its 5 pm when you finish the preparation with them, they all get ready for the dinner, take shower and put on their best clothes for the night. "Mrs. Menendez, can i go home now?" You ask her permit.

"Sure, thank you so much for your help magno and merry christmas" she gives you a warm big hug.

"Thank you, merry christmas ma'am" you smiled.

You say merry christmas to all the family members but you didn't spot erik, maybe he still in the shower so you just left.

You locked the back door from outside then you saw erik's white ford escort park in the alley, you saw him inside the car waving at you, you approach him.

"Get in" he said with a big grint, you smile back and get inside.

He didn't go straight to your house, he turn to rodeo drive instead. He take you to the giant christmas tree right in the middle of the plaza.

"Wow it's beautiful" you admiring the tree.

"Smile" he take out his disposal camera and take picture of you with the christmas tree. Then he ask the passer to take picture of you both, he hold you from behind and smile widely to the camera.

"Thank you so much" he said to the passer, you admiring his genuine romantic act.

"Come" he take your hand, both of you walk to the a gift shop on the street.

"I want us to have a matching hat and scarf, its cold" he said, "which one you like?" He busy looking at the scarf and gloves display.

"This one is nice" you point at the red scarf, "the hat should have the same color" you take two of them each.

You both walked out the shop wearing the red hat and the red scarf like a young couple in love, he gave you goofy face, "do i look like a snowman now? I just miss my carrot nose"

"you silly" you laughed and pushed him away but he just smirked and stay even closer.

He drive you back home, he stops in front of your house.

"Merry christmas magno" he gave you a box with christmas theme wrap with a big bow, red roses, chocolate, and a letter.

"Wait, i have something for you too" you get out the car and run to the house to take the present and give it to him.

"Merry christmas erik, hope you like it" you bite your lower lip.

A wide smile graced his face, "thank you magno" he hugged you tight, "can i call you tomorrow?"

"Sure, have a joyful christmas erik" you gave him a warm big hug.

"You too magno" he embrace you tight.

**

Erik get back home, he went straight up to his room to put the present from you safe and sound in his desk, he change his rebelious outfit to a formal suit complete with a tie, then he get back downstairs to join the family christmas dinner, they were already sitting in the chair waiting for erik.

"Where have you been bro?" Asked andy. Erik just smiled at him and adjusting his tie. They start the dinner with joy ambience then they move to the living room to open up presents. Lyle and erik got a computer for each of them, they end up awake till late, it really is a happy and warm christmas night.

Erik was so excited to go back to his room coz he knew the present from you waiting for him. He open it right away, you gave him a white nike tennis jacket, a navy blue tennis short, and pair of hand band. He loves the gift, he put them on straight. Then he open the letter from you.

Dear Erik,
I hope you and your family have a one big joyful christmas, looking forward to see you wearing my present, hope you like them, xoxo
Your snow woman, magno.

He put your letter on his chest and melted on the bed, blushed.

**

Meanwhile in your house, you open the present from him while eating the chocolate that he gave you. It is a pink pastel low top converse shoes and a broken white converse sling bag. It came along with the letter, you read whats inside.

Dear Magno,
This is the first christmas that i do with you and i wish many more christmas we gonna do together. Wishing you a wonderful christmas, i hope you and your beautiful family have the happiest christmas.
Your LA santa, Erik.

______________________________________

I love this happy chapter :)