To Be Afraid (a story of abuse)

" YOU FILTHY WHORE. WHERE WERE YOU?!?! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME A HALF AN HOUR AGO. LEMME GUESS. YOU WERE BANGING SOME RANDOM IN AN ALLEYWAY HAVEN'T YOU?!?!"

My mother screamed at me while helping my father beat me. I could hear my little sister, AnnaBeth, crying in the corner because my mother forced her to watch.  "ANNABETH ITS OK-" I was cut off by the impact of the wall and my cry of pain. " SHUT UP BEFORE I SHUT YOU UP." My father screamed and then kicked me in the stomach. I heard my mother slammed the door shut to our house thats miles away from anyother. That's how my parents get away with it. It only started because my older brother, Mikey, died in a car accident two years ago. My parents blamed me and AnnaBeth, but they took it out on me mostly since AnnaBeth is only four and I'm fourteen. Mikey was eighteen.  I'm pulled out of my thoughts by AnnaBeth's scream. "KAILYN! HELP ME!!!" She screamed right before my dad punched her once again. I knew we had to leave for tonight or else it would be worse for us both. I struggled to get up then limped over to the table, grabbing the vase. I silently crept over to my dad and smashed it over his head. I pushed him backwards as he passed out and quickly grabbed AnnaBeth. I only have one person to go to at times like these. He's my best friend and it took me up until six months ago to tell him about my parents. I had put him on speed dial awhile ago for times like these. I picked up the phone and pressed four.

"Hello?"

" Joey, we're coming over. He was at it again."

" It's okay, I'll get a cab to your house. My treat."

I sighed into the phone. "Thanks Joey."

"Any time Kailyn. it'll be there in five minuites."

We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

"AnnaBeth, go grab your emergency bag, we're going to Joey's house." I put her down gently and ran/limped to my room to grab my bag.

-----------------

here is chapter one to To Be Afraid! <3 Enjoy!