"Not a problem." I whispered. "So what's the need for help?"

"We're too drunk to move." She confessed and I really can tell. "She's a mess right now and we can't carry her to her room. We're just gonna roll like sacks of potatoes." 

"Who's a mess?" I questioned, cutting her chuckles.

"Faith."

"Faye?" I repeated. "She's here too? You didn't tell me?"

"I thought you know?" Janet furrowed her brows.

"How would I know?" I scoffed, a little irritated. "She didn't tell me. Who else?"

"Just the three of us." She claimed. "We invited her for a shopping spree. I know, things are a little harsh so we agreed to a night out. Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad." I answered, changing my atmosphere. Mad? No. Worried? Maybe. "Just..." I let out some air before looking at my sister. "Is it bad? Take me there."

"Not really. She is drunk so obviously, she is out of her mind. We're just in the clubhouse. I'm sorry. I didn't expect that she'll melt like the ice caps."

I calmed myself because I should trust my sisters on this. I was thankful that they were just in the clubhouse and not in a noisy and flashy bar in town.

My worries died down a little when I got a sight of her. She was sitting across Naomie and she was just like the normal Faye. She was smiling widely while having a talk with my sister but then, her gestures and twinkling eyes told me that she was really drunk just like what Janet had said.

"Ooh..." She teased while resting her temple on her fist as I followed Janet. "I thought you'll just gonna freshen up. Why did you bring a handsome man with you? Where did you get him? Is he for me? You're too generous. I know I'm single but you don't need to. And don't slap it at me, that I'm single."

Faye eyed me like a hawk after laughing hysterically. Can she even recognize me?

"He is your Tarzan, Faith. I hope you don't mind." Janet answered and settled beside Naomie. 

Faye switched her gaze back to me after sharing a meaningful look with Janet. I maintained a respectable distance from her.

"No, he is not." She giggled. "Tarzan is in New York."

Where did she get that idea? On the news?

"Oh. No, honey. He is right there." Naomie pointed at me but Faye ignored it.

"I don't care... When it comes to that brother of yours, I don't know what to think. I don't know what to believe." She said and buried her face on her arms which were resting on the table.

She remained silent to the point that it was safe to assume that she fell asleep but we all knew that she was not sleeping. I took the opportunity to sit beside her.

"Faye, let's go to your room. You're drunk." I said as softly as possible. My fingers brushed her hair too.

She remained silent and motionless.

"Faye?"

"You're so annoying..." She breathed before she moved.

And then, and then...

She kissed me. She cupped my cheeks while kissing me deeply. I heard the gasps from my sisters and I was in shock to absorb the event.

"That feels good, pumpkin." She smiled, tapping my cheeks after giving me a deep but brief kiss. "What am I saying again?"