Chapter 11: Childhood Wonder

Beaming lights glared in my eyes as I gained consciousness. It was hard to see but I could hear, hear the beeping of the heart monitor beside me, hear the whisper of doctors, hear scalpel cutting through my flesh. It was all so sudden.
I had one of those big Anastasia mask strapped around me face but it wasn't working at all, the smell was still there though, reminded me of when Cassidy would wake from her operations she'd have that smell on her for a day or two till it went away.
I tried to focus my eyes to see through the light. Around me was a dark lit room with the one light above me, I started to feel a slight sting in my stomach but as I became more aware it started to twist and turn, turning the little sting into a more of a sickening blood curdling feeling.
My body tensed up as I quickly sat at up, dazzled my eyes wondered through the room grasping the true horror that was before me. All around me were surgeons...wait no.
What are they?
"Oh god" I muttered to myself.
Those freaky masks Tiffany had made for everyone. Roderick, Tiffany and others where surrounding me, tearing at the gapping bloody hole in my stomach, the machine beside me started to beep rapidly
Beepbeepbeepbeepbeep.
They all stoped to look up at me. They were still not moving an inch, I took my chances to leap out of the bed to frantically run towards the nearest door. They all didn't follow but there heads turned to trace me out of the room.
Slamming the door my stomach began to violently hurt as my organs oozed out

Looking down the infinite hallway I could see something in the distance it was too blurred to tell but with no where else so go I began to limp towards it. The world slowly became blood tinted as I got closer.

Bart. The same as I saw him last lying down with his bashed face.
Someone else was knelling over him. It's back was towards me, wearing a green chequered jacket with large antlers and large brown boots. just like mine. It was loudly chewing at gore bits ripped out of Barts skull.
This mixed with the sight of my stomach was really messing me up.
I slowly yet steadily moved around it to see it's face. When it looked up at me I could tell it was me but the only difference was that I had a stag head literally.
Some how this didn't frighten me I just stared back at it.
Maybe since this is just a dream or if it's just since what i really saw with Bart, I have become desensitised to this gorey mess I'm surrounded with.

Tap
Tap
What's that noise
Tap
Tap
Tap

The world around me began to crumble. The pain in my chest started to fade as I was set back into reality.
————————————————————

Tap tap tap

I awoke clinging to my pillow. The beaming Sunday morning light spilled through my curtains as I arose.

Tap tap tap

Drowsily stumbled across to the window where the source of the noise was coming from I glanced out to see a somewhat familiar face.

"Victor?"

He was throwing little pebbles at my window. It looked like he hadn't showed in weeks.
I open my window to where a small pebble flung through into my room.

I turned and yelped " Victor what are you doing here?"

He replied with " I don't know I was bored"

"What dose that even means, it's been weeks where have you been?" I angrily told him

"Long story short I ran away from home and living in an ally two towns over"

It's too early for this. "What do you want"
"And I come in?" He asked
I looked at my phone 6:30am
".... Fine just be quiet ok, come in through the back door"

I gave Victor some spare clothes of mine so he could have a shower and get rid of that awful smell. After he was done he came in my room and sat on my bean bag I had I. The corner of my room.