Chapter 8: sleep Over

It's now Monday. It's been two days since I've seen Eugene and the others. I was planning on texting Eugene on Sunday but realised I didn't have his number and not knowing where he lives I decided to wait it out. I walked to school today, I was inside yesterday playing video games so I figured I should have some fresh air. While walking to school I had this comfortable feeling inside me. The night of the party when coming home sleeping I didn't have any nightmares for the first time in a while. It felt like I was a kid again with only sweet dreams dancing around my head. The same went for Sunday, nothing but heavenly dreams.

Once I walked into AP Bio that morning I noticed Tiffany gave me a quick wave. I put my hand up slightly while sitting down to say hi back without speaking.

In the middle of class when sir was writing on the board I heard a faint whisper from Tiffany.

"Tom ....Tom"
I turned to her, I'm not the type of kid to talk in the middle of class but I couldn't just ignore her.

"Yeah?" I whispered back

"You know Eugene his actual pretty cool" Tiffany replied

"What do you mean?" I asked

"He was crazy at the party after you left, in a good way.... So we're all alright with him now-"

"TIFFANY WRIGHT!" The teacher yelled

We both looked straight ahead pretending like we weren't just talking.

"Must you always talk in class Wright I'm getting sick of it, and you Thomas I expect better from you."

We both shut up after that, Tiffany's face went red. She was obviously angry, clenching her pencil as she stared down at her page.

Lunch was finally here. The table Eugene usually sat on was empty, looking over to Tiffany table Eugene was there sitting next to Rose and Roderick.

"Hey guys" I said before sitting next to Tiffany and Brad.

"Hey man where were you last Saturday you missed the best part of the show?" Roderick asked.

"Yeah you should have seen it Tom!" Brad continued before getting up with his foot ball and yelling "Eugene was a BEAST!!!" he then threw the ball towards a table, surprising a girl who was deep in her studies when the ball came smashing into her food.
The mash potatoes and gravy smashed into her face while the peas and sausage fell to the floor.
The girl got up suddenly yelling towards us "What The Hell BRAD!"

Brad made a stupid face towards her before laughing in hysteria.

The girl got up quickly before marching into the girls bathroom leaving her bag and books behind.

"Oh my god that was awesome hahah!" Brad chuckled while the rest of the group laughed with him even Eugene was laughing, I was the only one who was so silent.

I know I technically have only known him for a day but it still felt out of character for him, when he laughed it felt like he was forcing it, from the 7 hours I did know him he was more reserved towards the other students.

I felt someone punch my shoulder making me flinch "come on Tom you should smile more" Brad told me. I gave him a quick sarcastic smile before Eugene said "Tom you gotta come to my house after school I got Mario kart."

"Sure but t I get to be bowser" I answered. Before continuing "soo what exactly did you do that was so great on Saturday?"

"We can't tell you that you'll have to wait till the next party" Rose said from across the table

"Why?"I asked

"It's alright guys I can tell him" Eugene leaned close before stating "I ate a man alive"